Please tell me what values these should be.

No Quarter

fastloop.jpg

And how do I know where to set the AE values? Is there anyplace I can find a cheat sheet that will give me a more general idea to the tuning of the system and car?

On the correction limits, I have mine set at 25% on both "+" and "-" from the 1st row to the 5th row, then the "-" starts getting lower from the 6th row up, I have the "-" at 5% on the top three rows, and I have the "+" at 10% from the 6th row up.

On the closed loop parameters, I have my closed loop high rpm set at 700rpm and closed loop low rpm at 500. I have this set like it is so it's in closed loop at idle. I'm not sure if you want yours to do this, my setup isn't nearly as radical as yours. I have a 502" BBC, N/A, 40lb/hr injectors. I think you should raise the min. closed loop temp also, mine is set at 140*.

When mine is cold and the coolant temp goes past 140*, it always doesn't go into closed loop, maybe the O2 sensor has to get to a certain temp before it goes into closed loop, but I'm not sure.

If your VE tables are close, you might want to have -5 correction instead of Zeros.

If your VE tables aren't well calibrated, maybe you want to have -10% correction capability.

I agree with foxspy, I wouldn't have the closed-loop active until 140 (a cold sensor isn't as accurate).

-Bob Cunningham

I would set all the positive correction limits to 25%. I would set the correction limits in the upper few rows to -5 or maybe -10% at the highest. Below that you can safely allow the wideband to pull out all the fuel it wants. I'd just keep it conservative up high where you are making power. It's usually pretty tough to create a false rich condition from the sensor's viewpoint, but you don't want it having the chance to yank all sorts of fuel out at 25 psi of boost.

The other reason you want to set the closed loop temp up higher is because you will potentially be fighting warmup enrichment otherwise.

What preciesely is closed loop and how does it work? Also - in my AE tables. How do I get a concrete idea of where I want to be at with them?

aevscoolant.jpg

aevsmap.jpg

aevstps.jpg

aevstpsposition.jpg

Whats the ideal Closed Loop Gain (%) and Max Closed Loop Step (%) for an 85 lb. ininjectors? Oh ya, its for a Honda... :D

On the AE fuel vs TPS position, I don't know why you'd want to go negative enrichment, maybe someone could explain, but I don't know why you would.

Those talbes you posted should be the last tables you tweek, the base VE fuel map should be first, followed by the spark map.

Closed loop is the O2 sensor reading the actual air/fuel ratio and making adjustments to the air/fuel ratio to make it match what you have put in your "Target Air/Fuel Ratio" table. When it is not in closed loop, the computer is just reading the base VE fuel map for the amount of fuel to spray. So your target air/fuel ratio could be 13.0:1, but your base fuel map could be way off and the actual air/fuel ratio is 10.5:1. So that's where you correction limits come in to play, if you have 25% correction limits for the "-" side, then when the computer goes into closed loop, it will take however much % (up to 25%) of fuel out of the base VE fuel map to make the actual air fuel ratio match the target air/fuel ratio, and vise versa if your base VE fuel map was too lean, then the computer will add however much % of fuel to make the actual air/fuel ratio match the target a/f ratio.

OK the guyt hat tried to set up the car had the closed loop only operating between 2300 and 2500 rpm. So in reality it should be more like from idle to say 3500 - which is where the car would be in boost and you would only want it to refernece the AE tables and the VE slopes? IS that correct?

The other reason you want to set the closed loop temp up higher is because you will potentially be fighting warmup enrichment otherwise. [/B]

When trying to change the "close loop active" from a default of 96.30 to 140, it defaults back to 96.30. What ever I enter in as a number is never the same as I enter. Hmn.... Am I making any sense? I found I can enter 100 and hit enter and it reads 96.3 then enter 99 and it reads 70.84. Anyone?

Originally posted by No Quarter
OK the guyt hat tried to set up the car had the closed loop only operating between 2300 and 2500 rpm. So in reality it should be more like from idle to say 3500 - which is where the car would be in boost and you would only want it to refernece the AE tables and the VE slopes? IS that correct?

You are misunderstanding the numbers. The closed loop high rpm is the rpm where closed loop is activated, and closed loop rpm is the rpm where the engine has to go below so closed loop is turned off, it's kinda confusing. So, if your closed loop high rpm is at 2500, and closed loop low rpm is at 2300, then when you rev your motor, it's in open loop until it passes 2500 rpm, then it goes into closed loop, it stays in closed loop until the rpms fall back below 2300 rpm. Make sense?? I have mine at 700rpm for the closed loop high rpm and 500 rpm for the low, so it's basically it's always in closed loop, once it gets past the 140* enable temp. The AE tables and VE slopes are ONLY for acceleration enrichment, ,meaning the initial stab of the throttle, those AE tables and VE slopes only adds fuel just for a second, and it adds the enrichment % to the base VE fuel map. Goto this site and read the article, it might help out.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/78118/index.html

Originally posted by TurboDANDEE
Whats the ideal Closed Loop Gain (%) and Max Closed Loop Step (%) for an 85 lb. ininjectors? Oh ya, its for a Honda... :D

can someone explain this to me? :)