plemum removal

V

VinPecora

I just got my Power Plate, I dont really know how to take the plemum off. What is the easiest ways to put it on. I took the two front bolts off, but the rear ones wont come off, especially the passenger side with the fuel line bracket. PLEASE HELP???:confused:

The PB blaster does work good. Also there is a nut underneath the vac line bracket that you have to hold while you use the socket on the top nut. And my wrench would not fit under the bracket, so had to get a good grip with some needle nose pliers.

Be really cautious on reinstall, as the plenum bolts strip threads in the intake very often...a real "ouch" situation.

Clean the bolts well, & use a good lube on the threads while out...I personally use either a little lithium based grease or a teflon spray...I forget what amount of torque the plenum bolts require, but be sure not to exceed the factory specs.

Anyone have the torque spec handy?

HTH :)

if i just make the bolts snug without checin the tourque will i have any problems??

"Snug" works fine. Don't over-torque those bolts! (FYI bolt size = M8 x 1.25 x 25mm) :)