You can type here any text you want

Plug ID please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bluegate

Thank you gents.
20161014_230215.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The other "plug" is on and for a diagnostic machine which is now obsolete, just let it hang there!

It's a test point for a tach

The plug is a tach lead that the factory used to connect to a massive Sun diagnostic machine that was rolled around the shop.

It had a lerge screen to display various engine values and functions. and this plug/lead was needed since the introduction of the DIS ignition beginning on the 1984 turbo Buicks as it replaced the distributor.

Our local Sun distributor would provide training with their machines for these "new" high-tech vehicles.

I do understand many current owners were not even born when our cars were new! :)

I do understand many current owners were not even born when our cars were new! :)

What's a distributor Nick?? [emoji23]

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hey even though I'm a youngin' I have an antique tractor I restored when I was in middle school that has a magneto and hand crank ;)

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I just knew that plug was an open invitation for yet another cockpit gauge in a regal

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I'm Loving this THREAD . Some of us can remember bottle motor oil. but thank you for our younger generation,,,o_O

Back