You can type here any text you want

Plugs for oil cooler in radiator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo6mike

Mike Ruminski
I removed my oil cooler lines when I built a new engine and want some plugs that fit just to close up the holes.I would like to buy some if someone has them or some info where to get them.Thanks for your help.

Take the fittings out of oil cooler and I think it is 1/2" pipe plug or 3/4" one or the other. Are you getting of your oil cooler and lines? THANX KERRY

I removed my oil cooler lines when I built a new engine and want some plugs that fit just to close up the holes.I would like to buy some if someone has them or some info where to get them.Thanks for your help.

I thought I read plugging the holes at oil filter end which are 1/2" NPT but you cant do that.
Re read the post & its at the rad side. Get them at any jobber or Napa.

I took the adapter off were the oil filter is.Im needing to plug the radiator holes just to keep stuff from getting in the oil cooler.

oil cooler plugs

just go to your local radiator shop when you buy a new rad with oil cooler they should come with the plugs we always take them to keep when sandblasting cooler tank when doing rod out if you cant get any let me know i will look monday at work for you some,mike

just go to your local radiator shop when you buy a new rad with oil cooler they should come with the plugs we always take them to keep when sandblasting cooler tank when doing rod out if you cant get any let me know i will look monday at work for you some,mike

Good Idea! Use the Plastic inserts.
A slight Hi-Jack but how well can your shop clean stock oil cooler tanks on our cars? I heard once any metal bits of trash goes thru them thats it. They cant ever be 100% clean. Thanks!
Reason I ask is I dont use mine anymore for just that reason. Actually I am happier with my big B&M unit but thought I would ask.

let you know

just a six to tell you 100% clean i dont think nobody would tell you that but we clean them for gm dealers, air to airs coolers for big trucks and for 15 20 yrs never had a problem knock on wood lol.mike i will look monday for 99%sure i will have some for ya,mike

Back