PLX Wide Band install Help?

V8killR4U

I recently purchased a PLX wide band and plan on getting around to installing it this week. The directions are fairly straight forward, but I wanted some clarification and suggestions on where I should splice into the "ignition power source".

Can I run the power to the tap on the fuse box underneath the console? If so is this tap clearly identified as the ignition source power?

I already have a tach on the car as well as other guages, so if it is to cluttered there, where else would I splice into the ignition power. Where exactly is this wire and what color is it?

Also where should this unit be grounded?

Thanks in advance :cool:

If you're going to connect it to the FAST in your sig then IMO you want the power to be taken at the ECM. This way there is no variance in voltage or ground resistance between the ECM and the WB. This will help with accuracy.

If you're going to connect it to the FAST in your sig then IMO you want the power to be taken at the ECM. This way there is no variance in voltage or ground resistance between the ECM and the WB. This will help with accuracy.

Theres no FAST on the car anymore, im running one of Eric's SD chip with wide band correction. How do I splice into the ECM then? Better to over explain with me, im a lil slow ;)

You would still want to connect it at the ECM. You need a wiring diagram for the ecm harness and you will find the + and - and tap each one without cutting them. I don't recall the pin numbers of each wire, but you may find them on here by searching or even on fullthrottletech.com. The - is a black wire and the + is a pink with black stripe if I remember correctly. You could ohm the black wire to the chasis to see if it's a solid connection, then key-on, check the voltage of the pick/black wire for 12 volts. Wiring diagram is your best bet though.

You would still want to connect it at the ECM. You need a wiring diagram for the ecm harness and you will find the + and - and tap each one without cutting them. I don't recall the pin numbers of each wire, but you may find them on here by searching or even on fullthrottletech.com. The - is a black wire and the + is a pink with black stripe if I remember correctly. You could ohm the black wire to the chasis to see if it's a solid connection, then key-on, check the voltage of the pick/black wire for 12 volts. Wiring diagram is your best bet though.

This wire Im looking for can be found on the inside of the car correct...not underneath the hood, my last experience with my FAST I believe I cut this pink and black wire underneath the hood going to the coil pack:confused:

When ever i look at a Wiring diagram it looks like chinese writing to me:rolleyes:

That's a different pink/black wire... This one will be taped right by the ecm plugs. If those wires have been hacked up then you NEED the wiring diagram for the pinout. If you have the diagram, post it here and I'll point out the wires. I can't find my copy right now.

D1 is your ground and A6 is your key-on +12. The colors should be as I stated above. Each connector is a letter, find the connector with that letter and then find the wire coming out of that number pin. Connector A skips pin 3, so don't let that throw you off. The numbers and letters should be on the colored part of the connector near the wires. Try to strip and solder on, don't cut if possible.

I took the power from the trunk pop switch in the glove box and mounted the PLX behind the glove too easy as pie..;)