POLICE Dodge Chargers!!! Dont try 2 out run them!!!

Clark6

My brother just got locked up last week and still is locked up tryin to out run the sheriff dept. well he out ran them but he ran and met a state patrol in a Dodge charger, said the charger whipped around , he was on a 1999 Yamaha R1 motor cycle so he turned off on another road, and said to himself " i got him now".. but he looked in his side view mirror and that charger was right on his tail mashing the brakes tryin not to run him over. said he clocked my brother goin 178!!!!!:eek: :eek: yikes.

so his advice to me was to never try to outrun them (i never would),, some of them have something else under the hood than meets the eye... One in 2 cities over; the rumor has it one over there has 2 turbo's on it ???? may be a rumor, but after hearing the incident with my brother, One turbo is at least possible:D

(I think there was an orange Dodge Charger in Reynolds this year doing mid 10s i gotta go back and look at the reynolds vid.)

Oh yeah my brother --is-- a rider, so i dont know what happened i couldnt talk to him any more tonight.

That's why I got a Suzuki Volusia Cruiser. So I wouldn't do stupid crap like trying to run. What did he do that ended up in a chase, if you are OK with telling.....

First of all outrunning the cops is a dumb idea although ive known a person or two who has pulled it off.

Second, all the 09 and up police chargers got the new vvt hemi which is 400 hp right out of the box . Suspension and chassis are Mercedes based and they don't have any limiters so they are a great platform. Most crotch rockets should out accelerate them though. Guess it depends on how crazy you want to be on the top end . Seriously doubt that any got major mods beyond that . Very rare that they'd need any more than what they come with and that kind of chase would likely not be pursued very long for safety of officers and bystanders alike. Big waste of taxpayers money . Hope he learns his lesson .

It is not worth the risk of running! I rode with a lot of idiots over the years. I would pull over for the police. And they would keep chasing the ones that were running.:rolleyes:

this is how stories of "special cop car motors" with "special cop car chips" get started.
wait 6 months for this story to be retold on the internet, and it will become a 50 mile high speed chase with speeds that exceeded 200mph..

My friend has an srt8 charger and he got pulled over by a regular charger rt cop car. The cop straight up said " I am glad you didnt try to run , because I wouldnt have been able to keep up " ---

Guess your brother needs a good attorney. ;) As for the car, I have been told by our state po-po they are the most impressive cars they have driven in the last 25 years. That's a pretty tall order because the 94 caprice with an LT1 was flat out the best patrol car ever made, imho. I wrapped one up to 145mph with a streethawk lightbar, and if any of you are familiar with that lightbar, it was like a foot tall off the roof of the car, and was a huge windbreak, causing slowing of the car just from that feature alone. That's a pursuit car with four doors, and the ability to cuff and stuff...all in one. :)

Personally, I haven't driven a new charger. Looking forward to it so I can form my own opinion.

Do the radars go up to that much now?

I don't see a freaking dodge charger running 178 mph... I would have to see that to believe it...

Did they take his bike?

That's why I got a Suzuki Volusia Cruiser. So I wouldn't do stupid crap like trying to run. What did he do that ended up in a chase, if you are OK with telling.....

He was speeding the dept. sheriff was chasing him, (had only 2 months. left on his probation:rolleyes: ) he was tryin to stay out of trouble for a long time and was scared, which he should have stopped and just paid the speeding ticket. he also had a warrant for driving with a suspended liscensce which was false because he calls in every day checking with some phne # that lets you check your liscense status, and when he got the paper to show up in court i gave it to him to late from the court day exam. his court date was the 25th/ i gave it to him the 26th. :redface: he didnt know anything about it he lives in a diff address that the letter came. so i also messed up.:redface:

It is not worth the risk of running! I rode with a lot of idiots over the years. I would pull over for the police. And they would keep chasing the ones that were running.:rolleyes:

Yes good point.

this is how stories of "special cop car motors" with "special cop car chips" get started.
wait 6 months for this story to be retold on the internet, and it will become a 50 mile high speed chase with speeds that exceeded 200mph..

Possibly, but he's telling the truth he did get up far enough to hide the bike in the woods so he thought; but they sent the dogs after him:eek: trailed him on a 3hr run.

My friend has an srt8 charger and he got pulled over by a regular charger rt cop car. The cop straight up said " I am glad you didnt try to run , because I wouldnt have been able to keep up " ---

You are right in the next city over that particular charger car has the basic motor. however i always thought if they live in cities where running is a problem those cars i thought get special endowment priviledges.:biggrin:

Strange. IIRC They stopped chasing bikes around here because they could never catch them and it was too dangerous to attempt.

Strange. IIRC They stopped chasing bikes around here because they could never catch them and it was too dangerous to attempt.

Thats what they "say" around here. They chase for the thrill and only call it in as a "crash" when the inevital happens.:mad:

The local police sponsor the test and tunes around here. Their Chargers that I have seen run are from the mid 15's to low 16's. That being said, I would never try to outrun a cop and you can't outrun a radio.

I doubt the hp the Charger has means dick compared to the pursuit training the officer has.

The only way he was going to see 178 is with a faulty speedo. This is where internet legends start. FYI, my 95 impala SS was running into an aerodynamic wall at 138. Folding in the mirrors allowed 139. That car had some mods and was no slouch. So if things are supposedly going faster, no doubt the speedo is off.

The only way he was going to see 178 is with a faulty speedo. This is where internet legends start. FYI, my 95 impala SS was running into an aerodynamic wall at 138. Folding in the mirrors allowed 139. That car had some mods and was no slouch. So if things are supposedly going faster, no doubt the speedo is off.

I believe he meant that the Trooper clocked his brother on the motorcycle at 178 mph.

I believe he meant that the Trooper clocked his brother on the motorcycle at 178 mph.

Ditto!!
youre exactly right Kma.

I have 2 brothers im the oldest-- the {county} Dodge charger was of course the slower one my other brother was talking about but the one after my youngest brother was the {State} Patrol Dodge Charger i believe that was still a big difference.
I dont think they let 10 sec. police cars out to play. I just saw a regular orange charger at reynolds last yr that was runnin mid 11s (maybe had a super charger or something, but i left the track early i thought i heard/saw somewhere where he ran a 10 something? dunno.

I doubt the hp the Charger has means dick compared to the pursuit training the officer has.

Youre right too Bison.

I know he's learned his lesson though.. he was just advising ME not to do it (being funny). He's my youngest brother and made a foolish mistake. He has gotten away from 2 cars yeeeeaaaarsss ago on way much less of a bike.
I guess he thought he could do it again.:rolleyes:
No you may can out run the car like the other poster said but you cant outrun the radio.

The R1's Cbr929 can do 177-179 , I know--- i sold my cbr to him, I dont know where he got the R1 from. He let someone hold the cbr and they dropped the bike:mad: first time riding it. Ive also had a Hyabusa up to 205 easily on a straight road so i know they can do it... Those days are gone for me..
You see my bro. was being sarcastic with me bcuz , well , I sorta did the same thing about 4 years ago with the cbr,,I left them, but ran right smack dab into the road block. they had all back roads covered, with that radio i had no chance.:tongue: I learned my lesson right then and sold my bike the very next week to my brother. He said he got stopped that same week for going a little over the speed limit 82mph i think, but he pulled over-- and the officer told him that
" You boys are known for runnin, but since you stopped i'll reduce the speed limit to like 70 mph so it wouldnt mess up his CDL's. he still had to pay the ticket though.

Im glad i sold my bike, hangin with the wrong crowd and me with a crotch rocket well im not cut out for it , its just something in me when im on it that tells me to "RUN"... I had a good dL record no warrants or anything and the officer asked why did i run? i told him you guys were looking for someone on a bike just like mine & when you saw me you thought i was Him so i panicked and ran which is truthfully what happened. Any way after i went to the station my fines totalled around $2500 :eek: (thats a set of ported alum heads!!!) but lets just say I got out of that one by the skin of my teeth, no fines, no charges, no messed up drivers license.... WHEW!!! some times its who you know.:redface: So now i hang as close to the speed limit as i can in everything I drive.(matured) But i still sold my bike to help me stay out of trouble, now i hope my brother do the same.:biggrin:

I've got to keep my eye out for these things, thanks for the info.

Just keep it at 55-60 and dont run and you will be fine.:wink:
and pull over if you get stopped no matter WHAT car the officer is in,
someone could get killed or seriously hurt.