polishing down pipe and headers

CHANCE

No longer a Buick guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How hard is it to polish kenny bell stainless steel headers and a THDP? I don't want to get them coated because I like the way it looks nice and shiny gold.
Has anyone done this or know who does this?

Check out Eastwood automotive paints online. They have a stainless steel polishing material. Hope this helps.

hello people; As I said many times. I'am not a big shiney parts guy. Wheels are differant. But I would suggest just hit em lightly with some fine scothbright and save yourself alot of work. But it your a shine guy I'll bet there's alot out there.
IBBY

jlat,
You don't think this downpipe looks good

Attachments

• 0503htp_tr_02_z.jpg
    0503htp_tr_02_z.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 248
hello; Hell no I think that looks good. Is that DP coated or just polished?
Looks like quit a hot rod you got there. Lets see the rest. I kinda like brushed lookin finishes.
IBBY

Thats not my car It's been around here for sometime but the down pipe is polished on it

The stainless used on the headers and downpipes wont remain shiny long when subjected to BOOSTED exhaust temps. It will tarnish and begin showing the "veins" in the stainless. You should reconsider coating them if you want them to look good long term

One other option is to do a "brushed" look. All you need is some sand paper to make it look good and it doesn't change color as fast.

I wouldn't mind getting it coated by someone like jet-hot but the extreme silver only go's to 1700 degs. I think that may not be high enuff and I really don't like the idea of black headers and down pipe. just to let you guys know before someone say coat them with the black stuff.

Well i used turtle wax metal polish and an angle grinder with a scotchbrite wheel on my downpipe and it came out nice as far as coating goes theres a guy on here that painted the hotside of his turbo with por15 high temp silver and it looks good even after two years according to him...theres pics on here somwhere