You can type here any text you want

Poor dyno numbers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
I got to the dyno today and this is what I got.

Car was running a bit rich and their printer was not working so I can't show the graph until next week. Boost was at 26lbs. EGT's was around the 1580's. O2's 820's. Did not have enought time to do more runs, plus the numbers could be better if I had let the car cool down a bit longer.

1st run 399hp and like 824 ft.lbs/tq :eek:
2nd run 398hp 414/tq
3rd run 385hp 403/tq (28 lbs boost)
4th run 404 420/tq

I was hoping around 450-480hp. Why the torque numbers so low? I dynoed my car before and my hp number was almost the same with a different turbo/stock IC but the torque numbers was about 500.

These dyno runs was on a dynojet mustang dyno but at 2 different locations.

I think you are right, it's running rich making your torque a little soft.

Art-Carr #16930 3200 non-lock TC

Thats why....

Im wondering if the low HP and TQ numbers are down because the car is fairly rich... Did they have a wide band hooked up to your tailpipe?

What RPM did the hp come on at and where did it start to fall off at?

Got a picture with a graph with HP/TQ vs. RPM?

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Art-Carr #16930 3200 non-lock TC

Thats why....

Im wondering if the low HP and TQ numbers are down because the car is fairly rich... Did they have a wide band hooked up to your tailpipe?

What RPM did the hp come on at and where did it start to fall off at?

Got a picture with a graph with HP/TQ vs. RPM?

BW

I will get a copy of the graph sometime next week.

The hp started to fall at 5200 rpms.

I had a wideband hooked up but the numbers he told me I forgot. 11 something sounds right? The dyno guy said it was running right where it suppose to be or on the richer side.

So you are saying I am losing hp/tq because of the torque convertor? I ran my car at the track with almost the exact same boost/timming and fuel pressure at the track when I did the 11.38.

TURBOV6 said:
I will get a copy of the graph sometime next week.

The hp started to fall at 5200 rpms.

I had a wideband hooked up but the numbers he told me I forgot. 11 something sounds right? The dyno guy said it was running right where it suppose to be or on the richer side.

So you are saying I am losing hp/tq because of the torque convertor? I ran my car at the track with almost the exact same boost/timming and fuel pressure at the track when I did the 11.38.

I think it's showing up in the trapspeed. Maybe it's something with these cars, but my 99 GT auto would pick up 24-25 mph in the 2nd 1/8th when the converter was locked. I saw that you picked up only 20 which would be a good indication that the converter was slipping.

I had that same converter and it did slip ALOT. The car felt very strong with it...alot stronger than with the D5, but it heated the tranny up bad and slipped like crazy. A converter that slips alot will really goof up the dyno numbers. Find a good hp calculator based on trap speed/ET/weight and use that as the indicator of what you're really making. Mustang dynos usually read about 50hp lower than a dynojet at the numbers youre making.
Here's one: http://www.modularfords.com/calculators.php?c=4
I punched in your trap speed and a rough weight of 3700lbs with driver and it said 469hp.
Then I used the ET calculator and it said you make 496.207 hp.
The trap speed in the 1/8 calculator says 499hp, so you're probably about 500hp at the flywheel. Not bad at all.

Back