Poor ttop weather stripping fitment

Onalky87

I got all new weather stripping from a vender here and the seals that r suppose to meet together at the body and the piece that's actually on the ttop right above the window don't meet. There shaped like they r suppose to but there is a 1/4in gap there so now when I washed it I'm #%*ed. And ideas?

Sorry about grammar but I'm driving right now and on my phone

I had the same issues with my aftermarket weather stipping on my 87 T Top GN. The strip on the t top itself does not meet up with the end above the windshield. I had to stuff some soft foam inside some of the trim to get it to properly meet all the way around the side windows also. I also expected a little better fit.

That was my plan. But the seals there r not hollow on mine there solid so idk what I'm Gunna do. Super glue a piece of something there maybe?

just an Ideal

the ttop seals you have you say dont meet each other or are not meeting the glass?

if they dont meet each other, did you keep old seal if so cut piece 1/4 to 3/8 longer than space put silicone 100% clear on bottom and and w/s adhesive on side put in place compressing patch in place take duct tape and tape down add small amount of wt to secure to roof. let dry should hold and seal.

If weatherstripping is'nt touching glass, get a 500 cc syring with large bore needle put 100% silicone in it inject a small amount in several place about 1/2 apart along area starting before and ending after gap .

insert needle into middle of w/s rubber closer to roof line than top of rubber, a small amount all along the area this will cause rubber to swell. place ttop in place do not lock down only looking to see if space is closing up let dry

if injected right will swell rubber up toward ttops will harden inside but will still be soft seal on glass

just a couple Ideals

They don't match up with eachother. I think I'm going to do like u said and pit a piece in there. Just worried that if I put a piece that's 1/8in to long in there, everytime I take the tops off and try to put them back on the ttop seal is going to push that piece down instead of sitting snug up against it

compression

compression is why I suggested the 1/4 to 3/8 or even a 1/2 longer piece with the adhesive on both sides the compression will make the patch a little stiffer so it will push out toward its sides when pressure is put on it the silicone won't let go once it drys at least in theroy worth a try Just did major work on my ttop frame work from water damage have all new seals just waiting for car to be painted before installation good lucky if you try let us know how it works.

Oh by the way I take it the seal is already glued in place other wise have orther Ideal:confused:

black silicone

Not long ado someone told me to use black silicone. We were discussing a tear in my trunk seal and he said I would not notice the joint using black silicone. He uses it for his repairs.

ttops

one more suggestion your ttops are adjustable so if you would like I can scan my body by fisher manual which gives a blow by blow on how to adjust let me know and will email it to you could be out of adjustment from time and road bounce:cool::cool: