Pop!! What Was It?

bosted86

i was pulling out of my local watering hole and was about to get on it when i heard a loud pop. sounded like a hose blowing off. i was at only 1or2 lbs of boost when it happened. i let off and stepped on it again and the car was fine. pulled over checked all the hoses and evrything looked fine. drove it home later that day and no problems. 23 lbs of boost with no problems. any idea what may have made that noise. backfire through the intake?

depends on the pop where did it come from?? Maybe you just ran over something in the drive or road right there?? I ran over a platic bottle one time and it made a huge POP! didnt see it and scared the living poop out of me!

Also could be a Ball Joint, Drag link, or a Tie rod thats going bad all things to look at :)

nope, it definately was from the engine compartment. i've blown an intercooler hose before and it sounded just like that. the suspension is all new.

any way i cen test my maf?

Mine popped thru the intake once like that, it turned out to be some easter basket grass on the crank sensor.

Mine popped thru the intake once like that, it turned out to be some easter basket grass on the crank sensor.

Ya I was thinking about this when I was talking to a buddie a bit ago he said to check the MAF it could be going bad and sending a bad signal to the ECM and that caused your pop!
Or it could just have crap in it too :(
Worth a look!

Watering Hole ???

Im just tring to figure out what watering hole you could leave around here and build boost???
:biggrin: Rode's maybe :biggrin:

I never see any other t buicks around here....

I also blew an intercooler hose and just about sh** myself. Opened the hood and almost missed it as the hoses looked like they were still on but just off a hair.

I also blew an intercooler hose and just about sh** myself. Opened the hood and almost missed it as the hoses looked like they were still on but just off a hair.

Yes, I too remember a numb feeling as I coasted to a stop to investigate ;)

I recommend you get a spare MAF for occasions just like this. Switch the known good MAF and you have learned something by making the switch. :)

Im just tring to figure out what watering hole you could leave around here and build boost???
:biggrin: Rode's maybe :biggrin:

I never see any other t buicks around here....

I was at ott's in Washington Twp. :biggrin: I still call it local because it's where i grew up. By the way, how is rodes? good?

Rodes

Nice, bad but getting expensive... You have to wander down towards Woodstown, Now there are your local watering holes..(local dives got to love them).:biggrin:

Cant wait for the PJ whelihans coming soon... they just bought a license

Nice, bad but getting expensive... You have to wander down towards Woodstown, Now there are your local watering holes..(local dives got to love them).:biggrin:

Cant wait for the PJ whelihans coming soon... they just bought a license

yeah, been to corner bar several times. i usually go to pj's in washington twp for happy hour on fridays. lots to look at.:D