You can type here any text you want

Porky's in Des Moines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1quick6

Shadetree Mechanic
Is this car guy's pub/restaurant still open? I went down there back in 2000 to a TR show and I haven't been back since. It seemed like a cool place to hang out and I know a lot of races were arranged from that parking lot. I was looking for a road trip before storage season comes upon us and I was hoping this place was worth checking out again.

I think its still going on. It was last year. A few of us went a couple of time. Check with Keith/turbonut85 he knows about everything in that area.

Porky's still happens every Saturday night. They moved to the North East side of DSM. Either of you plan to go to Cruise to the Woods in October??

I wouldn't mind coming down that way. What is this cruise you speak of? :)

On another topic, Is there anyone down in that area that can TIG weld my DS header? I wasn't sure if you or Jeremy did that stuff. I'm just a novice mig welder at this point.

It's called cruise of the woods. Really good time and alot of nice cars. Just type in cruise of the woods into google and you will find all the info.

Its actually called "cruise to the woods" just go to wccruisers.com all the info is there. Last year there were over 1100 cars there.

I plan on going now. One of the routes picks up a half mile from my house, so how cool is that?

I plan on going now. One of the routes picks up a half mile from my house, so how cool is that?
You might consider bypassing Stratford. It takes so long to get out of there, that by the time you get to Ft. Dodge, the show is almost over. For some reason, the place turns into a graveyard 15 min after the awards. Just a thought. Wanna bring my trophy with ya? ;)

You might consider bypassing Stratford. It takes so long to get out of there, that by the time you get to Ft. Dodge, the show is almost over. For some reason, the place turns into a graveyard 15 min after the awards. Just a thought. Wanna bring my trophy with ya? ;)

I got a whole bunch of trophies I'll bring you next time I come up!:rolleyes::D

TROPHY FAG!!!!!!!:biggrin:

"Oh hey, I got more first place trophies than you do"
"Nuh Uh, I got more"
"Nuh uh, my cars more shinier than yours is"
"Well, I got NOS, screws holding my visors on, you got specs of rust on yours"
"Well, uh, uh, uh, I say the judges are uneducated about my NOS AIR in my tires"

Buncha Fags!!!!!:D HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:biggrin:

I got a whole bunch of trophies I'll bring you next time I come up!:rolleyes::D

TROPHY FAG!!!!!!!:biggrin:

"Oh hey, I got more first place trophies than you do"
"Nuh Uh, I got more"
"Nuh uh, my cars more shinier than yours is"
"Well, I got NOS, screws holding my visors on, you got specs of rust on yours"
"Well, uh, uh, uh, I say the judges are uneducated about my NOS AIR in my tires"

Buncha Fags!!!!!:D HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:biggrin:

ha ha ha ha ha;)

He's just jealous:biggrin: Not all TR owners can eat from the underneath of their car:eek:

Back