ported heads???

I made over 600 Rear wheel HP

stock intake, stock exh manifolds, ported stock heads, roller cam,stock throttle body.
Zimmerman/Nick Mcale did the motor.

been 10.51 on dead stock heads... I think ported stockers are worth another 40-50 depending on how aggressive the porter is.

Just put ported Champion Iron heads and intake on my GN.

They told me it should shave approx .6 off your 1/4 mile et.

Any truth to this?

Just put ported Champion Iron heads and intake on my GN.

They told me it should shave approx .6 off your 1/4 mile et.

Any truth to this?

Yes that is about right. Figure you can run the same times at 5-6lbs less boost.

If the proper parts were used with the heads and the tune was good there is over 150hp potential increase. If you had a 76 or 65 trim turbo and the car went 11.2@25psi it would likely go 10.7 with heads and cam at the same boost. The intake only needs a quick cleanup around the port exit and it will outflow the heads.

If the proper parts were used with the heads and the tune was good there is over 150hp potential increase. If you had a 76 or 65 trim turbo and the car went 11.2@25psi it would likely go 10.7 with heads and cam at the same boost. The intake only needs a quick cleanup around the port exit and it will outflow the heads.

There ya go. Bison has done as much or more true compaison documentation as anyone on this.