porting china headers

I just recived my gnpartsonline headers. For what you pay for them they are good product but they can use some work where there are lumps and stuff in the ports.

My question is has any one tried to smooth them out and used them. I am worried that if I try to take them down too much I will thin the metal out and have cracking issues. I am prepaired to grind them out and than weld them for strength. Has anyone had any exsperince with this.

Better wear a mask if you do... probably has lead in it !

(sorry, couldnt help myself)

I just recived my gnpartsonline headers. For what you pay for them they are good product but they can use some work where there are lumps and stuff in the ports.

My question is has any one tried to smooth them out and used them. I am worried that if I try to take them down too much I will thin the metal out and have cracking issues. I am prepaired to grind them out and than weld them for strength. Has anyone had any exsperince with this.

I thought the one on gbody parts was the china headers already ported??? Why would they be selling them for double the price than you can find on ebay??

Ok got the mask on anyone done this yet. Or did everyone try to do it without a mask and died and could not replie! LOL