You can type here any text you want

Possible Spring Shootout @ KCIR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

daviss

IF there was another Midwest Shootout in the Spring, would you guys be interested?

Steve

I'd be interested in coming out depending on dates. Can see all my old buddies again in KS.

I will press the issue. I REALLY want to make this happen. We need to try to get a solid commitment from a bunch of guys to make it possible.

Steve

Hey Steve Merry Christmas!!

I am in Steve!! You know I want to do this. I will can get some friends to commit to. I know of 2 Mustangs I will get out there. I will get the word out.

Setting a date would help a bunch. That might help the Gateway area group get a sizable posse together. Spring is not that far off.

FWIW, May 1-3 is the NHRA professional event in the STL area. Many go to watch that...

Setting a date would help a bunch. That might help the Gateway area group get a sizable posse together. Spring is not that far off.

FWIW, May 1-3 is the NHRA professional event in the STL area. Many go to watch that...

It's too early yet to set a date. We need to check with KCIR to see what is available. We would avoid the event @ Gateway because some of our friends will be racing there.

Getting some of the Gateway area guys would be great. The last couple of events were well attended by guys from Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa. I know the KC Buick guys will vouch for what a good time it is. There is none of the Gateway bs that we deal with and no imports. It's mostly fast street cars, (Camaros, Mustangs,Regals, Vettes, and some really cool older stuff). There's almost no waiting in the lanes to make a pass and it's set up on different trees depending on which staging lane you are in. Perfect time to test your new setups or just make a few passes. It's not a bad trip either. I've gone there and back the same day before and I've also driven up the night before and stayed in a cheap motel.

Let's assume it would be in April (Not Easter Weekend); Who would be in?

Hey Steve Merry Christmas!!

I am in Steve!! You know I want to do this. I will can get some friends to commit to. I know of 2 Mustangs I will get out there. I will get the word out.

I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas!

Definitely ask around to see who is interested. Nothing has been set up yet, we're not even sure it will happen, but I'm gonna try and sell him on getting it going over some beer tonight. (I'm buying :D )

Any luck with geting another one off the ground? I think I have about 4 people I can get out there. Thanx J

Whats up Steve? My car is still waiting for the new engine to go in, haven't had a chance to even think about the cage yet. Is KCIR strict with tech check in? Let me know. I will be needing to get some test n tune time in with the new setup.

Bryan

Whats up Steve? My car is still waiting for the new engine to go in, haven't had a chance to even think about the cage yet. Is KCIR strict with tech check in? Let me know. I will be needing to get some test n tune time in with the new setup.

Bryan

The last couple of times the tech was very relaxed on street cars. Basically make sure you have the battery tied down and nothing stupid going on. I'm sure for a regular track event they would follow NHRA tech rules but this is a track rental. I made several sub 11.49 passes and never got hassled for not having a bar or even a jacket.

Sounds like your getting close. Looking forward to seeing your car when it's done.

Steve

The last couple of times the tech was very relaxed on street cars. Basically make sure you have the battery tied down and nothing stupid going on. I'm sure for a regular track event they would follow NHRA tech rules but this is a track rental. I made several sub 11.49 passes and never got hassled for not having a bar or even a jacket.

Sounds like your getting close. Looking forward to seeing your car when it's done.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I can't wait to get it going again, it's been down for a year! As soon as RPE ships my engine I will get to work on it. When I get it running I will give you a buzz. Need to talk to a few people about the cage as I want to run at Gateway this coming season on Tuesdays for the SCSS series. Tony Shoaff has the current record there with a 9.84 that I am going after. Not sure that my car will run that quick as it is a full interior moonroof with AC car but I will try. It is going to take some time to get dialed in but it should run in the mid 9's.

Bryan

Im in, i know i will have something up to running, would it be another midwest challenge all muscle and no imports?

Let us know dude, if its warm we all will have a great time there, last time it was cold as a witches titty.
Just say the word and i will ask everyone in my phone to show up

BW

I'm still trying to get him to make the call to KCIR. Once the ball is rolling, it turns into a lot of work. Tons of phone calls and e-mails and paypal stuff to deal with. I'm doing everything I can to push the issue including getting my car put back together in time for Spring.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I can't wait to get it going again, it's been down for a year! As soon as RPE ships my engine I will get to work on it. When I get it running I will give you a buzz. Need to talk to a few people about the cage as I want to run at Gateway this coming season on Tuesdays for the SCSS series. Tony Shoaff has the current record there with a 9.84 that I am going after. Not sure that my car will run that quick as it is a full interior moonroof with AC car but I will try. It is going to take some time to get dialed in but it should run in the mid 9's.

Bryan

I was planning on a killer motor too, but it doesn't look like it will happen this time around. It's going to be all I can do to get it freshened up and put back together by Spring. Look me up when you get her going.

Steve

I'm working on a car and would do my best to have it done for another shootout.
Nothing like a deadline to get help me get something done.

Good luck,
Scott

Back