You can type here any text you want

post pix of your 17x8 and 17x9.5 combo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Awesome pics everyone.

One question though regarding the "center" of the wheel that sits on the hub. The stock rim centers on the hub exactly (I hope I am clear) the after market rims I have seen are always larger here and it seems you rely strictly on the wheel studs to hold the rim in place. I hope everyone knows what I am talking about.

Is there a spec or measurement you need to give when ordering wheels to avoid this?

Silver fox- those simmons look awesome on your car-were the centers custom paint matched with the exterior paint? (also your pics are my new wallpaper)

Silver fox- those simmons look awesome on your car-were the centers custom paint matched with the exterior paint? (also your pics are my new wallpaper)

Thanks a bunch. The silver matching as close at it does was pure coincidence!

Rob

Awesome pics everyone.

One question though regarding the "center" of the wheel that sits on the hub. The stock rim centers on the hub exactly (I hope I am clear) the after market rims I have seen are always larger here and it seems you rely strictly on the wheel studs to hold the rim in place. I hope everyone knows what I am talking about.

Is there a spec or measurement you need to give when ordering wheels to avoid this?

Keeping the wheels "hub centric" is ideal because it will do the best job of centering the wheel and minimizing vibration. If you switch to a wheel with a bigger center bore and end up relying on the wheel studs and lug nuts to center the wheel (aka lug centric) you will be okay. They do sell hub centric "rings" that you can use to match the hub to the wheel. But you don't need them unless you are truly concerned. If your wheels are lug centric just make sure you tighten them down with the car still in the air. If you set the car down and then torque the wheels, the weight of the car can push the wheels off-center.

Here is an example of the rings. You'll need to know the exact size of the hub and the size of the center bore of your wheels.

Hub Centric Ring O.D. 73 I.D. 70.3 Chevy GMC Buick Cadilac

silver fox did u notice the AWACs E-3 Sentry in the back ground on this pic? sorry if its been mentioned before, just hadn't noticed it and thought it was cool.

DSC_0929-01.jpg

silver fox did u notice the AWACs E-3 Sentry in the back ground on this pic? sorry if its been mentioned before, just hadn't noticed it and thought it was cool.

DSC_0929-01.jpg

Good eyes. That is actually a NATO AWACs (E-3A). The picture was actually taken near the AWACs base in Geilenkirchen, Germany, where I was lucky enough to be assigned twice (2000-2003 and 2005-2006). The Dutch photographer who took the picture actually waited for the E-3A before he snapped the photo. The license plate on my car is actually a U.S. military plate designed to look similar to a German plate.

Rob

Back