You can type here any text you want

post pix of your 17x8 and 17x9.5 combo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Coys (Dont Buy From Them) C5 Polished

17x8 Front w/ 4" BS, 245/45R17

18x9.5 Rear w/ 5" BS, 275/40R18

No Frame Mods, No Rolled Fender Lips, Aluminum Brake Drums

Enjoy

dsc00041hx7.jpg

dsc00042gt8.jpg

dsc00044je3.jpg

Oh man, if those wheels were black on the inside with chrome lip, they'd be perfect!

17x8 4" BS
17x9.5 4.75" BS

Picture088.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture057gn.jpg

Picture054gn.jpg

Exactly the same combo I plan on running!!! Very nice looking... I thought the 9.5s would stick out a lot more compared to the front 8inch wides. Glad they don't!!! Think this would work with a 4.5" BS on a 285 or 295 tire?

What rear springs do you have?

Thanks again JDS and everyone else!!!

The Only Thing Better Than Having A Beautiful Tr Is ..

HAVING TWO! :biggrin:

17 x 8 IROCs ALL THE WAY AROUND

TIRES ARE 255 50s REAR AND 255 45s ON THE FRONT

Nero,

I think you know mine, but here it is again:

Tlowered.jpg

DSC_0945-01.jpg

DSC_0929-01.jpg

DSC_1000-01.jpg

DSC_1019-01.jpg

Did you get your Stage II kit on yet? I hit a curve hard today...it stuck nice!

17 X 8 - 245/45/17 front, 17 X 10 - 315/35/17 on the rear. Not a lot of help on the rear (notched frame with 5-1/2" backspace) but the fronts are 4-1/2" backspace.
i had 17 X 8 on the rear with 4-1/2" bs, I wouldn't think 17 X 9 with the same bs would stick out too much at all.
hope this helps.

Very nice looking car. i like the way the first pic looks. the rear wheels look wide and the car sits well. then i look at the last pic and it looks like the rearend is not centered. is this just because of the pic or is it off some?

Very nice looking car. i like the way the first pic looks. the rear wheels look wide and the car sits well. then i look at the last pic and it looks like the rearend is not centered. is this just because of the pic or is it off some?

Thanks,
I hope its just the pic :eek: !

jdsfastgn

What size tires are those on your car. Do you have any pics from the back

jdsfastgn

What size tires are those on your car. Do you have any pics from the back

They are 315/35/17 nitto drag radials. They are quite a bit narrower than a normal 315 as nittos run narrow. They were probably closer to a 285-295. They worked great on a 9.5" wheel, but i am not running them any more. I let them get a little too low on tread and ended up hydroplaning in a rain storm on the freeway wrecking the car:( It is fixed now though:cool:

here's mine 17x8 & 17x9.5. It sucks the best picture i have is from the previous owner. lol.

IMG_1372.jpg

Is 17.9.5 on all four possible? I know it sounds wild... thought I'd revive this thread instead of making a new one. Does anyone know a vendor that will do custom American Racing wheels? Some sizes like 8.5" I don't se eon Jegs or Summit, for example.

Great, this is one post I should have skipped, now my draglites don't cut it anymore. I have been on the fence about different rims and tires, now I know I want to change mine, now to convince the wife.

Is 17.9.5 on all four possible? I know it sounds wild... thought I'd revive this thread instead of making a new one. Does anyone know a vendor that will do custom American Racing wheels? Some sizes like 8.5" I don't se eon Jegs or Summit, for example.

you can order custom American Racing wheels directly from American Racing or you can order them from Summit (not sure about Jegs). If you are looking on the Summit website, you should find an option to select "wheels" or "custom order and dropship wheels". They have a few sizes and styles listed, but since they are an AR distributor, you can call them and they can order whatever you want from AR. Before you do that, check the AR website and make sure the wheel you want is available through their "custom shop".

HTH

18x9.5 front 18x10 rear 4.75 bs

Your rear has air bags according to your car domain, did you have to do anything to the frame for the front to fit? Or is it lowered and no rubbing? :biggrin: I probably won't use air bags if I go that 18" route, so I'm assuming a minor frame notch would be necessary?

Thanks, x

Back