You can type here any text you want

POSTON Header studs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Need some studs for the PS header from POSTON.
POSTON does not sell the studs seperately. :mad:

Anyone know where to get these?

hmm.... then poston must not build the headers? I remember calling them before I bought mine and I (think) I remember them telling me that they have a jig that they use to make a batch every so often. but I could be mistaken. If they built them, then surely they would have extra studs available and would want to help out their potentially returning customers that support them. :confused: And surely the studs are going to be the same ones used in all their ic'd and carbed headers. odd.

Can't find anything at the parts store that might be pretty close?

When I was installing mine, one of them stripped out. I am very careful to not overtorque stuff when installing, but i remember looking at them before I installed and was thinking, hmm... its not going to take much to strip these, to bad they don't have a nutplate like the stockers. so... I put vise grips on the studs and backed them out and pitched them. I went to the autoparts store and bought some grade 8 bolts that are a bit longer so I can go all the way through and but a bolt and lock washer on the other end. The driver side was easy because you have room to get a boxend wrench on the nuts. the other side was a little tricky, but actually wasn't hard once I came up with the proper tool. I just took a bunch of 3/8's drive ratched extensions and put a crows foot on the end, and was able to hold the nuts that way. Its worked out great so far, and it has got to be less pita in the long run, imo

hmm.... then poston must not build the headers? I remember calling them before I bought mine and I (think) I remember them telling me that they have a jig that they use to make a batch every so often. but I could be mistaken. If they built them, then surely they would have extra studs available and would want to help out their potentially returning customers that support them. :confused: And surely the studs are going to be the same ones used in all their ic'd and carbed headers. odd.

Can't find anything at the parts store that might be pretty close?
Thanks for the response.
I'll go to the lathe and make a few.
I was just venting I guess .........Obviously, it has nothing to do with the stud itself .......... this is the final straw.

I hear ya jerryl, I've been thinking about hanging a punching bag out in the garage so I can get it all out of my system when I start getting frustrated. :p heck, half the time, I could just start with the punching bag before I even start working on the car because I know I'll be at that point soon enough. lol

Do you not like the poston headers? or just poston as a vendor in general? I've never had a problem with them (as a vendor), but I haven't placed a order with them in awhile.

come on these cars arent that bad. anyways i love my poston headers. i have had mine for around 8-9 years now and they havent cracked or anything. great performance and easy install. you guys think you have it bad im installing my new motor on wednesday and i rewired everything. crazy rats nest going on.

come on these cars arent that bad. anyways i love my poston headers. i have had mine for around 8-9 years now and they havent cracked or anything. great performance and easy install. you guys think you have it bad im installing my new motor on wednesday and i rewired everything. crazy rats nest going on.

Are you back in AZ?

I hear ya jerryl, I've been thinking about hanging a punching bag out in the garage so I can get it all out of my system when I start getting frustrated. :p

Do you not like the poston headers? or just poston as a vendor in general? I've never had a problem with them (as a vendor), but I haven't placed a order with them in awhile.

Nah, this has NOTHING to do with the car, nor the headers themselves, although, I am getting tired of being the "Quality Control consultant".
Do the math ..... :tongue:

Its not so much the cars themselves, its trying to figure out and undo all the stupid things done to the car by previous owners. :mad: Wish I had bought mine new, (don't we all), but I was just a little tike when these cars where being made

Back