You can type here any text you want

Poston or Kirban or ?? Body bushings?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What type of body bushings are you running?

• Poston's Partial set

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other... please specify in your post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Want to know what people have put on their cars...... and how they like it.

I was looking for a new set of replacements... and can't find any at the local parts houses.... so I see Kirban sells a complete set of GM ones.... but it is kinda pricey at nearly $270. Poston sells a partial set... and another set...but doesn't say what brand they are..... and then there is the different polyurethane variations.... which I feel is probably too firm for a street car...and are prone to squeaks....

What are you guys running?

Did you change out all of them..... or just the missing ones?

If you chose the poly's.... what did you do... if anything... to keep them from squeaking?

Please state whether or not you have the "GNX" bushing or not....

Poly bushing black energy suspension and use teh lube. Ride will be harsher. If concerned with ride then go rubber

Factory GM

Blazer406,
If you have the time and money I would replace all of them with GM including the GNX one. I did this over the winter last year and it made a HUGE difference. Car feels tight with no noise, like a new car. You have to figure no matter what the mileage is, the bushings are still 21+ years old.

It's not the easiest job to do (read = PIA) but it's worth it.

Matt

I had a competent shop install the missing ones and the GNX bushings with factory replacement rubber ones purchased from Kirban's and I am totally happy with the difference. This was on a 12K mile indoor Kalif car and the other ones were fine and no need to replace them. Fwiw, Kirban's is a TB.COM supporting vendor with an excellent reputation for integrity & great customer support and very few if any customer issues. I do believe that I can not say the same for poston's, but I have no personal experience with them, only what I have heard.

I just put in energy suspension ones about a month ago. To be truthful I didn't notice much difference. The car does seem a little stiffer, but nothing that bad. I would go with those since they will last longer and are about half the price.
Chris

I put solid body mounts in my car. After that I did change to softer shocks. It don't ride like a grandmas car but it isn't close to as harsh as a 3rd/4th gen f-body. I got mine from Haulingassmotorsports 651-226-8636. Powerhouse sells them too. http://www.powerhouseperformance.ca/...products_id=68
you like the solids, eh? after i put solid mounts in my 71 Nova, i decided that i want to run them in everything.
does that kit come with all the mounts?

and whereabouts in central MN are you located?

I put the ones on my car from Kirban's, as Gary said a site sponsor!

I used the GNX bushings too and could tell the difference right away. Giving the ones off the car were wore out, but I plan on doing it to all my keeper cars...

I put the ones on my car from Kirban's, as Gary said a site sponsor!

I used the GNX bushings too and could tell the difference right away. Giving the ones off the car were wore out, but I plan on doing it to all my keeper cars...
Sgrim; So there is a differance between the GNX bushings and the GN bushings.

novaderrik said:
you like the solids, eh? after i put solid mounts in my 71 Nova, i decided that i want to run them in everything.
does that kit come with all the mounts?

and whereabouts in central MN are you located?

No regrets going with solids. Suspension needed alittle retuning.

Albany.

No regrets going with solids. Suspension needed alittle retuning.

Albany.

holy crap- we're practically neighbors.. ok, well, neighbors 50 miles apart..but still, in the grand scheme of things...
i pass thru there about once a month- twice if you count the return trip.
is that blue 84 Monte SS still sitting for sale at the NAPA/used car dealer by the interstate? i wanted that car a couple of years ago- it was the perfect twin for my blue 84 T Type.

novaderrik said:
holy crap- we're practically neighbors.. ok, well, neighbors 50 miles apart..but still, in the grand scheme of things...
i pass thru there about once a month- twice if you count the return trip.
is that blue 84 Monte SS still sitting for sale at the NAPA/used car dealer by the interstate? i wanted that car a couple of years ago- it was the perfect twin for my blue 84 T Type.

I've been to Ashby. Last season we were snowmobiling just out of Brandon heading to Inspiration Peak. Heading back we found ourselves in Ashby instead of Brandon.:confused: :eek: :( :D

I'm not sure if Napa has the Monte yet. I looked at it yrs ago. Looked solid but needed paint bad and the seats were starting to get ratty. I called for a price and they wanted like $7000 for it.:eek: Its been on the lot along time.

yeah, most people end up in Ashby by mistake.
$7k for a $3500 car, eh? no wonder it sat there for so long...

For those of you who have never installed the missing body bushing #'s 3 & 4, I believe, and maybe even the GNX bushings, I have always wondered how much of the body flex that causes the cracking at the upper rear side windows could be due to the fact that these cars never had these bushings to begin with. I have always heard that the installation of the rear seat brace in the trunk area will prevent or slow down the dreaded cracking in that area, look at where bushing # 3 & 4, & the GNX bushing goes.

For those of you who have never installed the missing body bushing #'s 3 & 4, I believe, and maybe even the GNX bushings, I have always wondered how much of the body flex that causes the cracking at the upper rear side windows could be due to the fact that these cars never had these bushings to begin with. I have always heard that the installation of the rear seat brace in the trunk area will prevent or slow down the dreaded cracking in that area, look at where bushing # 3 & 4, & the GNX bushing goes.

Actually you need both the frame brace kits as well as new body bushings. The frame brace kits help alot but the body bushings really tightened to car up. I used the Energy Suspension kit from Summit Racing for $135. Take-care. Brad

Does the Energy kit from Summit come with the GNX ones? Most likely what I will be going with...

I do not know what the GNX body bushing are. The Energy Suspension kit has fourteen bushings. They work really well. Brad

Energy Suspension from Summit. The kit includes all of the bushings, including the ones that are referred to as the GNX bushings.

Back