Powder coating fun

87gnttop1

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370027100.725763.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370027140.703325.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370027181.310144.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370027468.301810.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Moved this to the how to section so you can show how you did it as a step by step guide for others.;)

He's saying he moved it for you. Btw nice work! What equipment do you use?

He's saying he moved it for you. Btw nice work! What equipment do you use?

I'm using a east wood kit with a homemade oven ill have pics on the the equipment and process tomorrow morning

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370094955.339295.jpg

My gun
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370094980.922345.jpg

Home made oven

Cooling plate I sanded down with 220grit and acid washed to take off the rust that I couldn't get to
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370095092.755664.jpg

Then I washed and wiped down with a little paint thinner
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370095155.855859.jpg

Made sure it was clean and preheated the cooling plate before applying powder
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370095211.639364.jpg

I applied a pretty thick coat because I know I might scrach it up a little because its always in the way
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370095292.105402.jpg

Are those just two normal oven elements on the bottom for your heat source? I also use the Eastwood kit and an old 220v oven, but want to make a larger oven to be able to do bumpers and diffs. Any gasket for the door seal?

Are those just two normal oven elements on the bottom for your heat source? I also use the Eastwood kit and an old 220v oven, but want to make a larger oven to be able to do bumpers and diffs. Any gasket for the door seal?
Yes there oven elements and we welded the bottom then added fire proof I believe it's fiberglass insulation all around my buddy got the material but also made a hanging rack
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370096015.336560.jpg

With the ground attached to it I think it works better were in the process of building another oven ill make sure ill do the step by step so u see how we're going to make it

With out a ground the electo-static part of powder coating is out the window. It can still cover but you will use twice as much powder trying to get it that way. And more ( thicker) is not always better.
Good luck looks like a good start.

I see that you powder coated the inside of the intake . Is that a good idea ? I'm thinking of powdercoating mine , just wanted to know

I see that you powder coated the inside of the intake . Is that a good idea ? I'm thinking of powdercoating mine , just wanted to know

Not the best idea.....most people , when they start do then the more they learn and powder the more prep and masking they do.

Not the best idea.....most people , when they start do then the more they learn and powder the more prep and masking they do.
Well I did it to smoothen out the runners I did my research on it