You can type here any text you want

Power booster leaking...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rodney87GN

I've got an 87 GN with a vacuum brake conversion. Today while the motor was idling I found air leaking out where the master cylinder and power booster bolt up together...which would explain my hard brake pedal.:rolleyes:

So is there a gasket or o-ring that goes between the two? Or am I gonna have to get a whole new power booster/MC assembly?

TIA.

Are you sure the air wasn't leaking In :confused: A bad diaphram inside the booster (vacuum leak) could mean its time for a new booster.:(

Sorry, yeah I meant it was sucking in air. I guess it's off to Napa....:frown:

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

There Is A Seal Between The Booster And The Master Cyl That Would Cause That Leak. It Messes Up The F.i. The Diaphragms Will Only Leak In The Applied Position. Also, The Vacuum Booster Must Be Used With A Vacuum Brake Pedal. As The Pin Position For The P/m And The Hydroboost Is In A Higher Position. Pushing The Rod Up On A Vacuum Conversion To Reach The Pin Will Break The Plastic Valve Body Or Push The Poppet Valve Out Of Place, Causing A Vacuum Leak Under The Dash.

Back