Power Logger Help?

my1stgn

Hey guys I bought a power logger from Full Throttle and need a lap top to start tunning. Maybe this is of the subject (and might get moved to a different forum) but I wanted to get as many opinoins as I could. Is this a good deal and will it work with my power logger? Thanks!

Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Sempron 2GHz 15" Widescreen Laptop for $399 shipped
Dell Small Business offers the Dell Vostro 1000 Sempron 2GHz 15" Widescreen Notebook for $399 with free shipping. (It's on the far left.) It includes an AMD Sempron 3600+ 2GHz processor, 15.4" 1280x800 widescreen LCD, 1GB RAM, 120GB hard drive, dual layer DVD burner, 802.11g wireless, ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 256MB video card, and Windows Vista Home Basic.

Get the cheapest laptop possible with respectable memory and a decent hard drive- If all you need it for is Powerlogger.

It comes with Vista but I hear everyone telling me to downgrade to windows xp. Also my wife will be doing some reports on it and we might use it to surf the net, but no video games or anything like that. Maybe look at pics and movies but thats about it. thanks!

The laptop is a good deal especially if your going to use it for other things than Powerlogger but I'm not that crazy about Vista.

I use Vista with Powerlogger. No problems as of yet. Run it in XP compatibility mode.

I use Vista with Powerlogger. No problems as of yet. Run it in XP compatibility mode.

how do you run it in xp compatibility mode? and are you talking about the program or your vista computer? bought a computer with vista and so far no problems. opened up the newiest version plc123 from ft website. is that the newiest and greatest? the cd i got from ft is blank for some reason. thanks!

I run a powerlogger with Vista. No problems at all. Good luck. Brad

That computer will work fine, the bonus of a new laptop is of course the battery is new. When the battery is totally spent, everytime the key is turned from the acc position, to start or run, the pc will go dead :mad:
It's the same after you make a run and log it, you must save the log file before you turn the car off. Then of course, the computer shuts off.... new laptop or one with a good battery = much more enjoyable exsperience with the data logger.

Chuck

Buy a computer for the sole purpose to use on car. What if the computer is stolen your wife will lose her work and anything else both of you have stored.
Also make sure to have a bit more than minimum requirement in harddrive and memory to run PL.
An older computer should run $100-150 and have a good battery or be prepared to buy one $60.