You can type here any text you want

Power Master Blowing Fuses

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TEW1320

Picked up another 87 GN, while driving it home it kept blowing the PM fuse. After installing a new one it would blow again within a few miles. My other car i've owned for years has never had an issue so i'm no expert on these-what do you think??

When my car was having that problem it turned out to be the gray switch on the PM.

HTH, Brian

The motor is running too much, heating up and drawing too much current.
You have to figure out why.
Run the diagnostics:
Powermaster Diagnostics

Could be bad motor, switch or acc ball.

Thanks for all the help- I'm sure one of those is the culprit. When I pick it up next month from storage I will diagnose it.

Thanks for all the help- I'm sure one of those is the culprit.

Don't be so sure until you run the diagnostic tests. You could also have an internal leak. I believe the leak test is listed there also. Post up on your findings when you run the tests.

Good Luck and Happy Braking!

Picked up another 87 GN, while driving it home it kept blowing the PM fuse. After installing a new one it would blow again within a few miles. My other car i've owned for years has never had an issue so i'm no expert on these-what do you think??

When the fuse blows, can you still stop the car? At what point do you find out that the fuse blew?

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

The Motor Pump Has Worn Out Or Filled With Brake Fluid. This Is What Kills Those Fuses.

Back