You can type here any text you want

Power Master check valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Greetings all ,

Who sell's the check valve assembly for the Power masters ? My cycle time are getting shorter and shorter.

Thank you Brian, Back over 2 minutes on cycle time!

Like I told you on the other board, you still have not solved your problem. Either the new check valve is also defective or you hae some other internal or accumulator problem.

You must understand, the PM should NEVER cycle on its own with no action on your part. It should be able to sit there for 30 minutes to an hour or more and never cycle with the key on.

Problem solved! (Thank you Jesus).

Today I pulled the check valve and the cleaned the seat really well and inspect it closely, I found my replacement had a extremely small nick or wear mark on the raised seal, So cleaned the old one It looked good, So decided to use that.

The puck, I lightly sanded the surface until flat, then used polishing compound to give it a smooth has glass surface, Cleaned extremely well to get rid of ALL debris, even under the spring. Installed and once the pump was off I did the clear hose check over the feed hole and it was not bleeding back like it was before. . I did this twice so far (tube test) and nothing is coming back. We are coming up on 30 minutes and the level has not moved.

Thank God

Those little check valves can be a serious PIA!!!

Well , I found out my check valve idea (external) did not work. But With me not willing to leave well enough alone. I decide to pop the internal check valve and see if I could get the intermingling "short cycling" to stop. And when I pull the valve out , It went flying along with the Puck & Spring. Oh Poo .

I found the valve , but never did find the puck & spring. So I went to the old one and cleaned it up , etc,etc . Put it back together and cycling every 60 seconds. ?????????????? , What did I do, I took it apart again re-cleaned check the puck and every thing, put it back together, Same thing , now I am mad at my self for not leaving it alone. I asked the good lord for help , Which I should have done @ the beginning. But pulled it back apart rechecked every thing. Decided to stretch the spring so it fit's tight to the seat. Put it back together and it holds , cycled the brakes a few times . Still holding , Thank God.

So I have found out that not only does the puck have to be smooth as glass , and the rubber on the seat in good shape , the spring needs to be tight against the seat. Hopefully this will help someone else out when the have theirs apart

LOL I know how well a spring can go "boing" Fred. I've done it more times than I care to mention. Glad to see you around and hope you decide to come visit us in the B4Black section again. I know you perverted over to IC now but we could still use your input on things please.

Thank you Charlie.

I do look in on the B4Black section from Time to Time. But I should post more often.

Back