Power Plate problem fixed!!

TulsaGN

I just want to make sure everyone understands that it wasn't a problem with the power plate itself. This is a great product and highly recommended, with a great price!

I actually put the plate back on tonight and it worked great! I think the problem was the vacuum lines that go to the vacuum block were not sealing. Those rubber connector hoses that connect the metal lines to the vacuum block were allowing blowby. Those hoses were old and cracked years ago so I took some obscure rubber hoses and widdled them down to fit. The fit was too tight between the hoses and didn't allow a good seal. I took off the hoses and knifed them down so I could slip some plastic zip ties on all of them so that there was a good seal and there you go. I guess I can't really say for sure that's what it was since I did this while at the same time putting the plate back on, but I feel pretty confident that the plate just exposed a problem that has been there, it just needed the different air flow to make it happen. I am really curious about my boost increase problem that I have at the track. When my converter locks up it increases my boost by about 5 lbs. I wonder if sealing those vacuum lines may help that....we'll see. Thanks for all the help and suggestions....Brian

I have a feeling that the vac/boost leak at the vacume block was caused by the old hoses getting moved around during the installation of the power plate . A vacume/boost leak there would effect the fuel presure regulator (not getting a boost signal ) and a lean condition would be the result , this may explain why you had detenation at 5lbs boost

I understand what your saying there jr, but after I took the plate off the car ran normal again, if I loosend the hoses during plate install, then wouldn't I have the same problem when I took the plate off?

It was just a logical guess, really should have chk'd the fuel presure while driving to confirm , but I guess we will never know.
Thomas Sweet had a blockage in fuel presure vacume line and it had the same type problem as your car .
So when are WE going to the track . I feel the need for speed ,I sent my chips to Quad air today and ordered my inj's , told them to give me the most streetable ones out of the 72/83lb inj's. Trans should be back from Bruces place is in a couple weeks