You can type here any text you want

Power Steering Pumps & Hydraboost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lynn D. Brown

Trying to get better brake holding at the track. I switched to vacuum assist from the Powermaster, but probably lost some holding power. I was thinking of going back to PM, but reading of all the problems everyone is still having, I guess not.

Now, I am thinking about a Hydraboost system, and was figuring if I go that direction, maybe I oughta get a new stronger Pwr Str pump. I have seen the AGR's in Summit, but when I looked further, it appears that the GN has a different PS pump than stock Regals. Is that right ? They show an AGR pump and an integral reservoir for the '87 Regal. Well we have a remote reservoir, right ? So I guess that won't fit, and the Summit guy concurred over the phone.

Does anyone make a stronger aftermarket PS pump for the GN ?

no need

The stock 87 pump and the 85 hydraboost system works great. Got that setup on my car.

'85 Hydraboost

So, does the '85 Hydraboost PS pump have a remote reservoir like ours, or is the pump in the reservoir ?

I have a good used hydroboost and power steering box that came with it- if interested both for $75. shipped. worked great when it was on the vehicle.

Back