You can type here any text you want

powerlogger/ wideband hook up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
About to start hooking up my wideband etc..but i have no MAP sensor where it should be. The green, gray and white wires are cut. What gives????Where could this thing be, or what could the previous owner have done....any clues????

I do not have a idea why they have been cut , if you hooking your WB to the PL , just buy a jump harness from Alky control that connects from the TPS sensor and picks up the 5volts and ground to the MAP sensor and get a 3bar map sensor and use that green wire to the PL for a MAP signal and that will be very simple to get what you want to read and log boost

I may need to go that route. I really need to get in back of the glove box, trace the wiring and see whatcthe deal is. The car obviously had something done but im trying to find out what could be next to check if he cut it....it had to be done for a reason

I may need to go that route. I really need to get in back of the glove box, trace the wiring and see whatcthe deal is. The car obviously had something done but im trying to find out what could be next to check if he cut it....it had to be done for a reason

It may have had a PL installed and they just cut wires and took the PL out ,who knows

About to start hooking up my wideband etc..but i have no MAP sensor where it should be. The green, gray and white wires are cut. What gives????Where could this thing be, or what could the previous owner have done....any clues????
Do you still have a functional boost gauge in the dash? If it works, the map has to be there somewhere. Since it doesn't do anything but the boost gauge, you would never need it for the car to run. Don't know why someone would cut it out.

Start tracing the vacuum lines. One has to go to a map sensor if it's working. I mean the led bar graph gauge, not an aftermarket mechanical gauge by the way. Maybe someone moved it to under the dash for some reason?

Back