You can type here any text you want

Powermaster Failed Install Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dand

Recieved a new (rebuilt) powermaster brake unit from Kirban this week and got the unit bolted up. I put fluid into the resevior and let it sit to drain through to the lines. Made sure there was plenty of fluid still in there, connected electrical and switch the car to "ON", heard the pump working and then shut off. So I figured I start at the front driver side and bled the system, since i also changed the front flex lines to the calipers as well. There also apears to be fluid leaking from the pump??? is it me or could this unit be defective??? They say they are bench tested so....???
With the car switched "ON", every time i press the brake pedal the pump kicks on and any little pressure i did feel in the pedal is gone completely, even though the lines were bled. I went back and bled the lines again only to no avail.
On a side note, since i never had the need to watch the brake unit while pressing the brake pedal, is it normal for the fluid in the resevior to be bubbling around while pressing the brake pedal, or does that mean that there is still lots of air in the system? :confused:
never did an istall of one of these before, so i'm looking for any feedback about this
thanks
-dan

You still have air in it, that's the reason for the bubbles. Clean it off with some brake cleaner and recheck the "leak" to varify it.

You still have air in it, that's the reason for the bubbles. Clean it off with some brake cleaner and recheck the "leak" to varify it.

Still air in the unit itself? the lines were fully bled
the bubbling in the resevior is not necessarly air bubbles
if it is still air, how should i bleed it best to get the air out?
if there is a leak should i even bother continuing, or is the leak because of the air (that statement doesn't really make sense, but neither does the powermaster)

thanks

With the key off pump the pedal 20 or so time to get the pressure out of the system, then bleed the system back down. This may take a few attemps but you will get the air out. The system will need to cycle quite a few times before all the air is out of it even if you bleed it all out of the lines.

Back