powermaster questions

moyersgn

Stock 86 with powermaster going bad. Are there any other cars that incan use as a donor or so i have to use rebuild or new system?

Not really but you can use a vacuum brake system from any g body of that era or buy vac system brake parts new relatively cheap and easy at most ap stores. Got mine at the local pick and pull from a 87 regal. Bolts right in.

When it comes to the powermaster dying, you go full rebuild or complete replacement
When you replace it, its either another PM as a direct replacement or a hydroboost or vacuum system replacement
How do you know its on its way out?
Run a diagnostic procedure on it to be sure

Stock 86 with powermaster going bad. Are there any other cars that incan use as a donor or so i have to use rebuild or new system?

The 1989 Cadillac used a version of the Powermaster, and as I recall it was nearly identical to the Buick unit?

You will not need the ABS stuff which is separate from the PM.

The PM was used on the turbo cars for 1986-7 as GM wanted extended field testing on a "limited" run of production cars so they could evaluate the PM before it was to be used with up-comming ABS system according the GM engineers I worked with in those years.