You can type here any text you want

powermaster rebuild kits and seals

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobitt

Anyone offer seal for the reservor to master cylinder and the retaining clip for the shaft that attaches to the brake pedal.

Allan G.

Nope.
Many parts of the PM have been discontinued for some time.

They aren't using factory kits.

They are using the original parts within the PowerMaster and replacing all the orings. If you spent the time and figured out the correct sizes of all the different seals in the P/M you could rebuild yours too. Then you need to make sure you have the orings of the correct material so the brake fluid won't counteract with it and destroy the new rings.

The factory kits came with new orings and some replacement parts.
So I should correct my earlier statement.
The factory rebuild kits have been discontinued for some time.

They aren't using factory kits.

They are using the original parts within the PowerMaster and replacing all the orings. If you spent the time and figured out the correct sizes of all the different seals in the P/M you could rebuild yours too. Then you need to make sure you have the orings of the correct material so the brake fluid won't counteract with it and destroy the new rings.

The factory kits came with new orings and some replacement parts.
So I should correct my earlier statement.
The factory rebuild kits have been discontinued for some time.

There are two types of replacement parts commonly used:

OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)

OERP (Original Equipment Replacement Part)

The only real difference in the two is the box they came in. Same quality and spec (At least they are supposed to be)

If someone is rebuilding them, someone MUST be making parts to rebuild them. GM may have discontinued the OEM parts, but that doesnt make them unavailable in the aftermarket.

Kirban sells the PM grommets...seals the reservoir to the MC...as for the MC rebuild kits...as stated no longer available but there is a place that sells the internal MC O-rings...the price is outrageous though...think it may be Cardone...no one sells the other internal MC pieces like the power piston replacement that the GM rebuild kits had...but you really don't need to replace that piece...

Kirban sells the PM grommets...seals the reservoir to the MC...as for the MC rebuild kits...as stated no longer available but there is a place that sells the internal MC O-rings...the price is outrageous though...think it may be Cardone...no one sells the other internal MC pieces like the power piston replacement that the GM rebuild kits had...but you really don't need to replace that piece...

That would depend on the condition of the core though... I have units that have been stored for years, but shipping them to CONUS is just too costly...

it isnt worth it for me to ship them to get the credit... unless I find a cheaper shipper....

For the parts... I rings, for the MC, and parts for the pump would be the next failure... I found a place on line that does remans of the PM... I should email and ask about parts... no doubt some other vehicle uses the same seals...

Back