You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster Recall

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNONYX

I know a dump question is one not to be ask, but I still need to know is there a dealership limitation of service on PowerMaster Recall?

You might still be able to obtain a GM Feild Service Bulletin that details and explains the fix, but I couldn't begin to tell you where to look.

You might still be able to obtain a GM Field Service Bulletin that details and explains the fix, but I couldn't begin to tell you where to look.

Thanks for the info, and I will look into it, but this what happens when I driven my GN for about 5 years and then stored it for about for 15 years. I then started to do a major spring maintenance and the brake light started to come on when I press the pedal and the motor will run again after about 5 minutes with the key in the on position; I also replaced the brake fluid. I guess this what happens when you fit between the crack and get screw by GM, who can't honor the recalls for the vehicle life of ownership.

I guess this what happens when you fit between the crack and get screw by GM, who can't honor the recalls for the vehicle life of ownership.

You can't be serious! You actually believe that an auto manufacturer should honor recalls, etc. for the life of the vehicle??? Please. :eek:

A safety issue recall will be honored the life of the vehicle, assuming the GE defective switch replacement was never performed on that VIN number.

However fixing an old powermaster or even a new one, wasn't part of the recall in the first place.

A safety issue recall will be honored the life of the vehicle, assuming the GE defective switch replacement was never performed on that VIN number.

However fixing an old powermaster or even a new one, wasn't part of the recall in the first place.

Defining the Powermaster Recall is replacing the Black color pressure switch and also the cast iron directional (combination) valve.
Check out this link (Brake Bleeding, Rear Cylinders, and Linelock Install) and do some reading as the recall explains changing the black pressure switch to the gray color pressure switch, and replace the cast iron combination valve to the brass type combination valve. I already email to GM about this recall and I will post the result of the findings.

Not sure how far you are going to get with the recall...

I just converted my GN to vacuum and have a good powermaster with the gray switch if you want to buy it.

Defining the Powermaster Recall is replacing the Black color pressure switch and also the cast iron directional (combination) valve.
Check out this link (Brake Bleeding, Rear Cylinders, and Linelock Install) and do some reading as the recall explains changing the black pressure switch to the gray color pressure switch, and replace the cast iron combination valve to the brass type combination valve. I already email to GM about this recall and I will post the result of the findings.

Good luck. :p

The recall in America never replaced the iron prop. valve.

Maybe in Canadia. ;)

It was only the switch and the iron valve rarely caused serious problems.

Most of us original owners have been through this recall.

I think GM takes safety recalls seriously.

My girlfriend has a 2003 Cavalier and the stop light sockets were a safety recall, I tried everything to get them to work and stay working but they wouldn't.

They replaced the entire socket assembly on both sides just this spring and made her wait the hour or so, so she wouldn't be driving it without brake lights.

The recall in America never replaced the iron prop. valve.

Maybe in Canadia. ;)

It was only the switch and the iron valve rarely caused serious problems.

Most of us original owners have been through this recall.
I'm from Canada and bought my car brand new. I remember having the Powermaster recall done at the dealer. They replaced the accumulator ball, changed the pressure switch with a replacement grey one and yes, they also replaced the cast iron proportioning valve with a brass one.

Claude. :cool:

I had my car for 1 year when I got the recall notice. They replaced the switch and ball. They didnt change the valve.
Wrecked my car because of it 4 years later. Vacuum now.

Back