You can type here any text you want

Powermaster stays running

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IrvJr

Til the fuse blows. I think thats the switch. Thought i had a spare but cant find it. Any thoughts? No suggestions about switching to vacuum or hydro boost, lets just stay on MY topic please. Thanks.

the switch controls the motor, assuming the motor is still ok, then its definately the switch.

I have some old switches around here, but am unsure if they are any good.

Bob

Would you be willing to ship a few down and let me try them out?

Would you be willing to ship a few down and let me try them out?

I just looked for them, unsuccessfully. I will check the garage tonight. If I find them I will send them along.

Bob

It could also be an internal leak in the pump, but you can't really tell unless you have a pressure tester. If there is a leak, it will never let the pressure get up to the motor shut off point, which is between 550-770psi.

You can test the pressure switch with a volt meter. All terminals should have continuity with each other.

That will say if the electrical part of the switch is good, but what about the pressure sensing part? Thats why i wanted to try out a used switch instead of dropping 90 on a new one from Kirbans.

So a different switch didnt fix anything. So i bought a vacuum brake setup and im going with the s10 spindles and bigger brakes with the money i save by not buying a new PM. I will post my own thread with pics and everytihng with my progress.

So i bought a vacuum brake setup and im going with the s10 spindles and bigger brakes with the money i save by not buying a new PM.
I'm sure I could fix your PM. I hate to see you loose this very unique thing about your car.

I'm sure I could fix your PM. I hate to see you loose this very unique thing about your car.

What are the advantages of mantaining the Power-Master? It looked like a long term liability to me.

~JM~

What are the advantages of mantaining the Power-Master? It looked like a long term liability to me.

~JM~

It works quite well and is not nearly as problematic as it is made out to be. These are 25 year old cars remember. The reason i didnt want to switch is because the vacuum brakes and hydro boost both have detractors. The vacuum not as much as the HB, which sems to be about 50/50 on the system. But i figure with the bigger rotors and brakes up front they should work well, plus my car makes pretty good vacuum and i dont race much so it should be a good swap with less maintenance in the future.

Back