You can type here any text you want

pressure pot engine priming

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DGC

Curious to hear whether anyone has used the old pressure pot method for priming the engine. If I use the block port for the turbo feed and sending unit as input, will this prime the engine? (I will remove this block so as not to prime only turbo and oil pump).
Thanks,
DGC

oil priming

I disconnect the oil feed line from the turbo and hang a bottle of oil upside down with a tube connected to the feed line. It looks like a IV bag at a Hospital bed, but it works well, every time.

one of the best tips i learned at Richard Clark's last weekend was protecting a engine during start up thats been setting a year or more.
this is what he does;
a 109 block will hold 21 quarts of oil. he pours 20 quarts in and right after the 21 first quart,he drains it all out.
refills engine to 5qrts,starts up...the oil is throughout the engine (esspecially the cam),so no dry start....yes, you just used up all that oil.....but its worth it ,right....?

one of the best tips i learned at Richard Clark's last weekend was protecting a engine during start up thats been setting a year or more.
this is what he does;
a 109 block will hold 21 quarts of oil. he pours 20 quarts in and right after the 21 first quart,he drains it all out.
refills engine to 5qrts,starts up...the oil is throughout the engine (esspecially the cam),so no dry start....yes, you just used up all that oil.....but its worth it ,right....?

21 Quarts:eek:

21 qts! wow!

I use oil primer tool, and rotate eng 90 degrees after oil gets to rockers, then another 90 degrees, and another 90, etc, etc also add oil additive like "EOS"
we all have our own methods, what ever works for you,.

Back