Preturbo Injection Test Run And Setup

Alright, so the more I think about this the more complicated I think I am trying to make it...

Why could I not tap into a regular Alky control kit and either run a second pump for pre turbo, or just make it even simpler and just T off the regular meth line?

The turbo draw through carb argument has gotten the wheels in my head turning... It's been done for years! They are also drawing through the entire Air fuel mixture and doing just fine. Besides I plan on replacing my 3255 anyways, so I might as well see what I can do here.

So here's what Im thinking: T off the main meth line, and run either two M1 nozzles or one m2 or 3 pre turbo. I will be making a custom up pipe, and will be eliminating the I/C... there's no reason for it if there's no heat! :eek:

I will also be making a custom Nozzle holder that will put the nozzles into the optimum spray pattern in front of the compressor to help evenly distribute the meth into the compressor wheel. I may also make provisions for a little nitrous jet as well ;) that's down the road though!

I know this wont be a plug and play deal, but that's why I like this car so much... it's just one big test subject!

So can I mod an alky control setup like this, or am I going to have to get another standalone... Lol Im tempted to just run two smaller M4 or 5 nozzles pre turbo and spray ALL of the meth through it...

You need to find out if the controller will run 2 pumps. It might be too big a draw on the controller. If it will, youre good to go.

Our controller will run 2 pumps, staged or dual. We were thinking about scenarios exactly like yours when we designed the controller. We're still a ways away from having anything to sell tho.

You need to find out if the controller will run 2 pumps. It might be too big a draw on the controller. If it will, youre good to go.

Our controller will run 2 pumps, staged or dual. We were thinking about scenarios exactly like yours when we designed the controller. We're still a ways away from having anything to sell tho.

Dang! Haha looking forward to your setup man.

I've always struggled with doing things like everyone else... I've always been one of those guys that didnt understand what people meant when they said "thinking outside the box" to me there never was a box to begin with. Turns out people like me are called mechanical engineers lol, took me a while to figure that out, but ever since starting on my Mech E degree I have realized that we are the ones that invent the new big ideas... That's pretty much why I ignore the "Why?" responses, or the "it wont work" unless they have proof...

As long as I can wrap my brain around how something works, my mind automatically starts looking for a better application... and that is where I am at now. Everything in this thread is 100% right on track from a physical standpoint, but us nutjobs sometimes just dont have the time or cash to test this stuff out and make it work.

DonWG is the king of the Wackjobs, and look at how well his stuff works!! Just goes to show what happens when you've got the time, money, and brains to think outside the box... You take one of those three variables out and you've gone from a genius to a crackpot!

Don't know if you read the article on the link I posted but if you didn't, I urge you to take a look. There is a really slick pre turbo nozzle arrangement to help prevent impeller erosion. He goes into what happens with typical (improper) placement. I have been meaning to contact him about making one of his pieces in 3" diameter

Thats almost exactly what I had pictured in my head haha!

I cant find any more info on it online though?

Alright, so the more I think about this the more complicated I think I am trying to make it...

Why could I not tap into a regular Alky control kit and either run a second pump for pre turbo, or just make it even simpler and just T off the regular meth line?

Just run a T of the main line. Why would you need two pumps since the one you have is sufficient to support multiple nozzles. It can support flow wise over 1k easy to the tire.

The only issue I see with nozzles is when you shut the system off.. the nozzles will dribble. Kind of like spraying water through a garden hose then shutting of the valve.. the water doesnt abruptly stop... but dribbles down. Its not like a fuel injectors that shuts of the pintle. Does that make sense?

I dont know if having the twin nozzles like an M15 and the M1 together,, the M1 will be the highest restriction so more than likely any dribble will come from the M15. And using a higher pressure check valve like a 10 PSI cracking pressure one will help shut the liquid off.. and push any dribble from the M15.
If using alcohol I doubt there will be any issue. And the nozzle placement is one of those things to think of next.

Any updates, ya, my GN is pissing me off since the Walbro F'd up my head gaskets. I don't have the time or $$ to chase down why it's eating coolant through the valley while pressure testing the coolant system so no updates on Preturbo or the FMICless E85 mod I did this year. :mad:

Pressure is a huge key to the micron size of the mist, so this reason is why a progressive kit should be ruled out for preturbo injection IMO. If you try it anyways, make sure you figure out how much pressure your 2nd nozzle will drop off the kits total and what your initial pressure might be at turn on.

I've seen the articles preturbo dispenser and it's pretty creative and engineered well since it's initial design. If I recall, it costs a pretty penny and not worth it for those planning on running 1 or 2gph nozzles at 200+ psi pressure. Huge turbo, big psi, yes, that's the way to safely and effectively do it. :cool: