probably really dumb question..



ok, i just got my 85 monte carlo SS with a 200-4R tranny, and i want to replace the filter and fluid. What do i gotta do to change the filter? (told ya it was a dumb question)
Not dumb at all, you have to drop the pan and it`s a messy job unless someone has installed a drain plug, if not consider installing one. Pull the filter out of the pump, prolly have to pull the o-ring out of the hole with a blunt hooked tool. Install new filter making sure the spring clip bolted to the valve body is pushing down on the filter and not under it. Put pan on and fill with 5-6 quarts ATF depending how long pan was off and draining.

Jim..... I'm proud of you:)
Looks like you were paying attention after all:):)
Feels good to have learned and then passed on to teach...:):):)

I remember when "someone else" asked this question..:eek:

Thought it cool.... Keep it Up...