You can type here any text you want

Problem at 5700

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

no matter what i change no matter what i do when my car hit 5700 it bounces off it like a rev limiter, my limiter is set at 6500 on my FAST ecm, it is not plugs or gap, any amount of boost if i make it richer or leaner and when i log it i see nothing out of the ordinary, if you want i can send a copy of the log so someone can look at it. one question i have is the factory spark box on the pass fender have any control with the FAST setup?
thanks Otto

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
no matter what i change no matter what i do when my car hit 5700 it bounces off it like a rev limiter, my limiter is set at 6500 on my FAST ecm, it is not plugs or gap, any amount of boost if i make it richer or leaner and when i log it i see nothing out of the ordinary, if you want i can send a copy of the log so someone can look at it. one question i have is the factory spark box on the pass fender have any control with the FAST setup?
thanks Otto

Otto:

Send me a copy of the log.

igetthemall@hotmail.com

i am not sure the problem is related to the tuning or not but its a try
thanks Otto

Had a similar (if not exact) problem and it turned out to be a brand new plug wire that took a crap on me after like 200 miles. Was the last thing I checked cause it was the last thing I suspected. Damn those Magnecor wires :mad:

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
maybe that is next, magnecore is what i have on there

I had this same problem over a couple of yeas with the magnecore wires, and as usual it was the last thing checked or replaced. I went with the MSD wires and have not had a problem with them at all.

Just a note: the coil pak can cause problems like that unless you can check it with a coil pak tester.

Good Luck

After reading many of the postings I decided to change my spark plug wires and guess what I found. The last two wires number 7 and 8 had been fried by the header. The wires that I was using were MSD’s and I had a high temp boot cover but that did not seem to help. I will be replacing the wires with Taylor 409’s this Saturday, I feel very confident that this will fix my problem. I will leave a new post with the results after I change the wires this weekend.

Thanks

MSD Wires

I changed my wire and plugs out and the fixed most of my probems. I now need to do some data logs and set up my fuel table. The car is currently leaning out the care is not stumbling but poping under hard exceleration.

What's the log say?

What happens when it leans out? A/F Ratio go to 14-15?
Can you watch the Fuel Press from inside the car at that point?
What is your Inject. Duty cycle at that point?
Might be not supplying enough fuel....
If your maintaing fuel pressure then look at timing where is it at when this problem occurs? Getting knock at that point? Where is your ESC set to retard the timing with knock? How many deg does it retard? Just a few suggestions... Let us know what you find.~Scott.

tried new wire (not magnecor) still same problem, is the cam sensor sill used with the fast system? is it possibel that my timing settin is wrong?
can some one here explain how to make sure the timing is in sync please
thanks Otto

Back