You can type here any text you want

Problems with DFI WB 02

• Thread starter Thread starter bluews93t
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

bluews93t

ANy one every experience inaccurate reaading from the WB 02 for the GEN 7. I was having trouble dialing in fuel on the road so I went to a dyno and there wb02 was reading very rich were the DFI was still lean. I called Mike at DFI and he told me that some of the WB 02 do not work on boosted applications. I have moved the location of the 02 further awya from the turbo with no change.

I dont think it would be true that they would say it doesnt work on boosted apps....That sounds like crap to me...I think it might not work right up near the turbo or whatnot because of the heat generated by that piece...Do you have it setup properly in the software??? Seems like people haul off and blame the product before even knowing half of the time that they have it hooked up or setup wrong...

Actually i heard that a while ago that the sensors wouldn't reading correctly with boosted motors but they were suppose to be fixed by now :confused:

maybe someone who is a distributor can chime in and find out

Originally posted by DFIfixah
I dont think it would be true that they would say it doesnt work on boosted apps....That sounds like crap to me...I think it might not work right up near the turbo or whatnot because of the heat generated by that piece...Do you have it setup properly in the software??? Seems like people haul off and blame the product before even knowing half of the time that they have it hooked up or setup wrong...

Why is it so hard to beleive that a company would admit to a having faulty product. The are in the process of correcting it and to me shows good faith.

There is no setting it up with the DFI. It already comes programed.

If you are referring to the Gen VII, which I think he is...Then it does need to be set up in the software, if he has it set for HEGO but using a UEGO, the its obviosly going to read wrong, if anything at all. Do a Control + C and make sure you have it properly selected, and the correct sensor in place...yeah, I know they are obvious things, but many overlook the obvious...

DFIfixah,
Thanks for the Advice. When you said Configure I thought you ment setting the correct voltage, but yes I have it set to UEGO. When Datalogging my runs with the close loop on and off I have found the following:

Closed loop on.
Target A/F 11.5 @ 15 PSI
Actual A/F from datalog 12.88 @ 15 PSI
So it does not even correct it to the target A/F. And my coerrection factor is set at 20%
Dyno's 02 was 9:1 or lower very rich. I switch to open loop and tunned fuel off of dyno's 02

Open loop
target A/F 11.5
ACtuall A/F from datalog 13.65:1
Dyno 11.5:1 - 12:1
I now have the clossed loop on under 25% manifold then it goes into open loop.

I don't know how an O2 sensor would know if an engine was under boost or not. I would have to disagree with whoever told you that. In defense of the DFI product, it's not like there isn't anyone with a turbo using the Gen 7.

Bluews, was the dyno sensor inserted in the same fitting as your sensor? Do you know that their sensor and a/f meter is "right on the money"? These things can make a difference.

Craig,
The dyno 02 was the new "dynojet" sensor that is mounted in a filter box and has a metal pipe that is stock up the tail pipe. I was skeptical at first but I have seen these on all the new dynojets and have called dynojet and spoke with them about the 02 sensor. I have tuned on this dyno before and the 02 readings seem to be inline with my EGT readings.

Also when I turned the close loop on and made a run the DFI was reading around 12.8:1 with the correction factor maxing out and the the dyno showing below 10:1 and the car would start to buck, because of the richness.

So I tuned it using the dyno' 02 and the next day I went to the track and was running constant 106 MPH @ 15PSI.

I forgot to mention that the DFI system is installed on a Toyota MR2 turbo with 145,000 miles on the stock motor.

The reason I am hear on this message board is because you guys have the most experience when it comes to turbos and DFI system.
I apreciate all the advise.

Craig I notice that you are a FAST dealer & installer, Have you ever installed a DFI, and or have you ever herd of anyone having similar problems as me?

Scott

Back