You can type here any text you want

Prothane body bushing kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robk46

Has anyone used the Prothane body bushing kit for our cars? If so, does it come with the missing "GNX" bushings?

robk46 said:
Has anyone used the Prothane body bushing kit for our cars? If so, does it come with the missing "GNX" bushings?

just installed mine last week, came with 24 bushings total, not sure which ones are the "gnx" ones though.

im goign to order a set tonight, the energy suspension ones are onyl 14 dollars more but i think there the same

The GNX bushing is the one that just sits on the top of the frame where it goes over the rear axle. The body holds them down to the frame. I think its bushing #5. Most of the aftermarket poly bushing kits come with the GNX bushings. BTW I went with the Energy Suspension kit and I really like how that car feels now.

James

mazdatech78 said:
The GNX bushing is the one that just sits on the top of the frame where it goes over the rear axle. The body holds them down to the frame. I think its bushing #5. Most of the aftermarket poly bushing kits come with the GNX bushings. BTW I went with the Energy Suspension kit and I really like how that car feels now.

James
the bae model regals bring that bushing too,its right over the rear humps and is nto bolted down

yeah, i thought it was strange that my 81 limited had all the bushings, just all wer dryrotted horribly

sasmith350 said:
yeah, i thought it was strange that my 81 limited had all the bushings, just all wer dryrotted horribly
yea mine looked like pancakes, I just orderd a prothane set ill see when they get here :cool:

heres some pics of mine

HPIM0692.jpg

HPIM0687.jpg

summit was sold out of the black, but since they wont be seen anyways, i didn't care

sasmith350 said:
heres some pics of mine

HPIM0692.jpg

HPIM0687.jpg

summit was sold out of the black, but since they wont be seen anyways, i didn't care
i just orderd a set of red, I hope theyr ein stock i need to put my frame back under ASAP

Sasmith350, did you have to "round out" the bumper mount holes, or do anything other than just install the bushings in reverse order from removal?

robk46 said:
Sasmith350, did you have to "round out" the bumper mount holes, or do anything other than just install the bushings in reverse order from removal?

everything fit perfectly, just had to find some bolts cause a couple broke off.

how's the ride compared to stock? the only reason i ask is b/c i have 18's with small sidewalls and i dont want the ride to be "super" harsh since i dont have the extra cushion like alot of you guys have

Royal-T-Ltd said:
how's the ride compared to stock? the only reason i ask is b/c i have 18's with small sidewalls and i dont want the ride to be "super" harsh since i dont have the extra cushion like alot of you guys have

haven't found out yet, the car is still going back together, i dropped in a 5.3 and a t-56 and i'm still fabricating parts to get the ford 9" to go in, i probably won't have it off the jackstands til january, but from what people tell me, it will be a firmer ride, less squeaks and rattles, would probably be borderline for you depending on your ride preference....

In my opinion.. I hated the ride. I had mine on for about 1 year and they sucked. Mine were PST which are supposed to be graphite impregnated and not squeak but still did. I put NEW full set of stockers and never looked back.

I now use the PSTs I took out to finish missing lower bushings on my buddies cars. ;)

Royal-T-Ltd
With the low pros i would vote totally against the poly's.

Louie L. said:
Royal-T-Ltd
With the low pros i would vote totally against the poly's.

thats pretty much what i was thinking i figure i gotta flex and absorb shock somewhere.... i'm sure a NEW set of stockers would do just fine, especially since my car doesnt see the harsh elements and is mainly a street car... if i was road racing .....maybe. THANX

Back