You can type here any text you want

Pruned Member count

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

Administrator
Most of you may have notice that the "Member count" has dropped from 11,000 to just under 7000 members.

How and Why this was done:

TB.com administration shuffled through the data base during the holidays looking for non active members. The way we selected a "non active member" was by....

1) A member who registered on 1-1-02 and was last active on 1-1-02 (meaning this person registered that day, logged off and never returned after registering the same day)

2) A member who registered on 5-01 and was last active 5-02 and has not posted or made a thread since 5-02 through 1-1-04

3) A member that has not made ANY post or threads and show they have not been seen lurking from 1-1-02 through 1-1-04
(this is done by check a members "Last Activity & Last Visit"

The most Important part of this massive pruning of non-active members was to make sure we checked to see if the non-active member made ANY THREADS AND/OR POST before being removed from the member count , if there was a thread or post made by a non-active member we did not remove them from the list. We did not want to lose ANY useful information for our active members to gain during there search on TB.com archives. (NOTE: totally removing/deleting a member from TB.com will also remove their threads and post)

This massive prune of non-active members was done to make room for some new and upcoming features to TB.com that our members will enjoy.

Looks like a lot of active members also got dropped on the cutting room floor too??

Why would active members be cut? He posted the criteria in which it seems to me they only deleted non-active members. Good job on taking out the garbage, admins.

Originally posted by jmidolo
Looks like a lot of active members also got dropped on the cutting room floor too??

Not only active members, but long time members were dropped.:(

That's why I asked because active members were cut....

With all do respect , Why TB.com administration bans or removes a members posting abilities is between the members in question and the administration of TB.com not you or anyone else.
The members who have been removed know Why they were removed or their posting abilities were removed.

Not only active members, but long time members were dropped.

Some of them may have had a 2001 or a 2002 join date but if there last visit was the same day or a few weeks after there sign in date , and had no post whats the since of keeping their profile active on the system taking up room that can be used for members like you and others that are active here. We want to add more features to TB.com that is the only reason why we removed non active members.

Jesse
:)

Originally posted by Jesse
With all do respect , Why TB.com administration bans or removes a members posting abilities is between the members in question and the administration of TB.com not you or anyone else.

Geez, I haven't been spoken to like that since Sister Ann in the 7th grade of grammar school.
:D
Apparently it's not as the members I've spoken to that had this happen received no communication ...at any rate, I don't want to become involved with the bs going on here.

Originally posted by Jesse

Apparently it's not as the members I've spoken to that had this happen received no communication ...at any rate, I don't want to become involved with the bs going on here.

Geez, I haven't been spoken to like that since Sister Ann in the 7th grade of grammar school.
:D

Joe I mean no disrespect to you or anyone that reads my post.
This thread was made to inform members to the very large reduction of our members count ...thats it ..no other reasons.
IMO you have or are trying to taken this thread into a different direction , a direction that really has nothing to do with you.

Now can we please get back to Buick talk :)

All I was trying to do was just let the members of TB.com know what happen to the member count , and why...but it seems that this thread is being used and/or targeted for other reasons, so I guess I'll do what I didnt want to do in the begining ....close it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back