You can type here any text you want

pt 88 & gn-1 ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A.S.H.

anyone using a pt 88 and gn-1s on there stage motors
or is everyone using stage 2 heads .
just wandering if there enough head for this turbo
thanks Al

There's alot of guys out there using that setup. Cal Hartline has ran very quick with the GN-1's(8.63@159) also I know Joe Lubrant has ran very low 9's too. I know there are alot of other guys out there, just can't think of names right now

That is a good combination (I went 8.57 this weekend with them). I have had several discussions with people on which will make more power with the 88 (I think the stage heads will).

Either way, get your car together and come join us in TSO in BG. We currently have 7 cars ready to run this class and need more :)

Only 159+ The head gasket let go at 1100'. I am going to use this as an excuse to freshen the motor up, in preparation for BG. I will also be doing a couple changes to try and lower the ET a little more.

Cal,

You are the man!!!!
Please update your web site with all the good news.

Originally posted by HighPSI
That is a good combination (I went 8.57 this weekend with them). I have had several discussions with people on which will make more power with the 88 (I think the stage heads will).

Either way, get your car together and come join us in TSO in BG. We currently have 7 cars ready to run this class and need more :)

I can't forsee not being ready for that event Cal. All ducks are in a row and I'm taking shots at them right now.

Ted

Cal, do you know if you have the fastest Stage II TR with GN-1 heads??

Ted: Please post on the GSCA forum your intention. It is located in the TBB section. We are trying to get a head count.

Brad: I think Bob Peterson's "six shooter" car has GN-1 heads. It is a 2500# tube chasis car. I may be the fastest stock suspension GN.

Bob's car is not a tube chassis, it is a back half car with fiberglass and it weighs 3000#. He has ballast in it as well to run a street car class in his home town. He is also using M/T ET streets but I think he has a PT90 turbo as well.
I dont know of anyone faster than Cal on stock type suspension.
Bil

Thanks Bill. I certainly wasn't trying to take anything away from Bob. I am sure there is probably someone out there running faster than me with an 88.

thanks for the info ,looks like im going with the gn-1 heads . i really dont want to deal with the header problems of stage 2 heads.
thank al

I would wait until the TA Heads are out I have heard they flow
close to 300cfm.

I have heard these "rumors" also. If you are limited by valve size and port location, how do they make so much more than fully ported Champions? Perhaps canted valves? I am not saying they can't flow 300cfm, I am just curious how.

I was out at Duttweiler's last month and talked to him about these heads; I'll try and paraphrase what he said. Bear in mind it's not the same as getting it from Mike at TA; Ken apparently did some of the modifications and machine work on prototypes...and you're getting it 3rd hand from me. :)

Ken said the new heads would improve on the last M&As in several fashions:

1) The decks were thickened and water passages revised for better heat management.

2) The intake port was revised to allow more flow; I ASSume by raising the floor and a better short turn radius. Ken noted that the old M&A intake port wasn't that good.

3) The valves were moved down toward the bore centerline .100" to allow fitting 2.02 or 2.05/160 valve sizes. Ken said he'd moved an earlier set .050" with no problems, but when they moved them .100 this moved the valve springs into the valve cover gasket rail, which meant moving that as well.

FWIW, none of these things sounded to me like they'd result in a quantum leap in flow over the GN1s. My S2 heads are supposed to flow 340 and they look like sewer tunnels compared to a stock-style head.. :)

Kendall and Cal,

I am not saying these things are going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. On the other hand it would be silly to not look into these if you can wait for their release. The more options the better!!! I have owned champion irons, M&As and several sets of stage 2 heads. We talking to kenny a couple years ago about my twin turbo project he said that the stock syle aluminum heads are a stumbing block around 1100hp. I picked Chapman CNC Ported Stage 2 Heads. They flowed a little more than 340. The highest numbers I have heard for them is in the low 360cfm range.

Cal,
My above post was not to take anything away from you either, You are absolutely flying with the stock type suspension a little too scary for me on those little tires! We are currently putting together a customers car to compete in the class (something a little lighter for once!) so we should have the "Race" car there as well as this thing to play with you guys. Congrats on your recent E.T.
Bill

Originally posted by HighPSI
Ted: Please post on the GSCA forum your intention. It is located in the TBB section. We are trying to get a head count.

Cal, I should have got back in there sooner. Last I saw the ladder bars were O.K. and I see now they are not. I cannot meet the rules of that class.

Ted

Back