You can type here any text you want

Pt&e gtq 70

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
For trade is a PT&E GTQ 70 turbo. My dad decided to slow his car down and wants to trade this turbo for a smaller more "quick spooling" turbo. This turbo has fairly low miles and has always had synthetic oil filtered by a PT&E turbo saver using top quality filters. It has a tight shaft with a completely normal amount of play....looking to trade for one in like condition....NO SMOKE OR ISSUES PLEASE! It has a polished compressor housing, 3 bolt exhaust flange, .63 A/R exhaust housing, and a 4"inlet/2"outlet. Pics available upon request. If interested, PM me here with all offers.

Thanks,

Joe, what converter did your dad use with this? Anything extra to make it spool like an RJC valve or anything?

Joe, what converter did your dad use with this? Anything extra to make it spool like an RJC valve or anything?

9" N/L 3200-3400 stall
We still use the old school electronic boost controller with it, no problems spooling it with the WG arm tight at 25 psi.

what was his best times

On the old motor it went 10.7's @ 127 mph on pump/alky at 25 psi right off the trailer....I believe it was a weak 1.7X 60' time. We didn't have a chance to get it completely dialed in before we broke a U joint and put it back on the trailer. This new motor was built in 2008 and he would not lean on it out of fear of breaking something. In 2009 he didn't race the car once as he was too busy with other things and out of work. In 2010 the car went on the Power Tour and many other cruises, but not once to the track. Last year Procharger asked us to use the car for some blower/turbo heat comparrisons. On a Dynojet it made 501 RWHP at just 24 psi and 21 degrees of timing with a rich 11.0:1 A/F ratio....we left a bunch of power on the table. This turbo is a beast when it comes alive, not much more I can say about that.

I have a BB 70GTQ an yeah its a beast thats why i was wondering whats the best et . mine seems to like top end lol

fix it

I have a BB 70GTQ an yeah its a beast thats why i was wondering whats the best et . mine seems to like top end lol
LETS GET THAT BIG BAD TURBO TO THE TRACK !!! WOW , I BET YOUR CAR WILL GO SOME 6:20s WITH THAT MONSTER
:biggrin:

For trade is a PT&E GTQ 70 turbo. My dad decided to slow his car down and wants to trade this turbo for a smaller more "quick spooling" turbo. This turbo has fairly low miles and has always had synthetic oil filtered by a PT&E turbo saver using top quality filters. It has a tight shaft with a completely normal amount of play....looking to trade for one in like condition....NO SMOKE OR ISSUES PLEASE! It has a polished compressor housing, 3 bolt exhaust flange, .63 A/R exhaust housing, and a 4"inlet/2"outlet. Pics available upon request. If interested, PM me here with all offers.

Thanks,

For the sake of not wasting everyone's time with offers, I need to be more specific about the direction we're going with the motor. We are not looking to go any smaller than something in a 60 series or equivilant. We prefer a newer technology turbo (GT or billet wheel), BB or journal not important. The motor is a full roller, .550" lift cam, ported head combo....don't want to put it to sleep with too small of a turbo.

Joe,
I have a S-trim turbonectics ball bearing 66, i night be interested in trading. Been 10.60's on this turbo @27psi

Interested?

Joe,
I have a S-trim turbonectics ball bearing 66, i night be interested in trading. Been 10.60's on this turbo @27psi

Interested?

What are the inlet/outlet sizes of the S trim?
Does it require coolant for the BB center section?
What A/R is the exhaust housing?
How is the spool up?
What converter do you use with it?

Please guys, if your going to take the time to respond to my ad, please send me details of what you have to trade....my ESP is weak.

Pics

Here are pics of the turbo taken tonight.

Attachments

• GTQ70 001.jpg
    GTQ70 001.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 234
  • GTQ70 002.jpg
    GTQ70 002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 232
  • GTQ70 003.jpg
    GTQ70 003.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 234
  • GTQ70 004.jpg
    GTQ70 004.jpg