ptc converter bolt size

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Can the stock flywheel bolts be used or do I need to get different bolts? Tried the stock bolts and the threads don't seem quite right

not sur eon the 10" but the 9.5 ptc from dusty come with 7/16 fine bolts and they are larger than stock which is metric 10mm
the 7/16 ptc bolts being larger require drilling of the flywheel

I would be sure to OVER drill the flexplate holes so there is room move the bolt to get it into the converter hole. Test fit the location of the holes on the flexplate with the converter to be sure they line up, you may have to drill a hole into an ellipse to allow stright line access of the bolt to the converter hole. If you don't drill the holes you will have trouble threading in the bolts to the converter. I had to drill and drill and drill even though I test fit the bolts through the holes before hand. They fit in the holes but my holes did not line up so I made for alot of extra work. I should have test fit the converter first.

Even though its more work, it is well worth it when you feel the difference the PTC non lock up makes. I have two cars with this converter.

THe holes seem to line up well right now the way everything is. The holes seem to be slightly larger on the tc so they gotta be 7/16. Guess I'll be making a run to the parts store for some good quality bolts.

They are 7/16 fine thread. Everyone is correct in over drilling the holes slightly to make sure you have a little slack around the bolt to avoid cross threading the threads in the converter.