PTE6266 SP CEA Dual Ball Bearing w/.63 exhaust -boost control-spooling

jmendlik

I'm looking to do a turbo swap replacing my PTE6152 JB with the new PTE 6266 SP CEA Dual ball bearing turbo. Has anybody run this turbo on the street yet? any isseus controlling boost creep??? MY current set-up is an external waste gate in the cross over pipe driver side. Looking for feedback on how guy's are controlling boost with these new CEA wheels???

Hope my converter will spool this 6266dbb without issues...
my curent combo:

109 block-@ billet mains stock crank/rods/pistons
Max ported big valve Irons
218/224 billet roller cam-1.65 Roller Rockers
70MM TB/Plenum
PTE Front Mount IC
3" THDP-dual Pypes 2-1/2" exhaust
80 Lbs injectors from Turbo tweak-WB Chip, MAF tanslator ,85mmMaf Sensor, MH Big Mouth 4" cold air intake
XP Fuel Pump
Julio's ALky kit-single nozzle
Art Carr 16930 9' Converter-I believe the stall is near 3000-3200

My car spools pretty fast now and is a street car that will see the strip maybe 3-4 times/yr. I want to upgrade to the new CAE Dual ball bearing unit but my concern is it could spool slower with the bigger turbo even with ball bearing tech...any one have this turbo or the 6262CEA on their setup that can give feedback???

I have the TA-6262dbb CEA trubo. I love it.

I got to run mine on the street for a few miles before the trans went kaput. I would get in to boost real quick with my 9/11 that stalls like 2600rpm. The AC 9" should be more than enough, but I would look at the slippage on the top end. I had it set to 17psi with a standard acuator. I didn't have a chance to wind it out in 3rd gear but boost stayed pretty solid.

here is a video of it spooling to 15psi on the trans-brake (temp guage wasnt working, not beating on a cold car ><)
[video=youtube;y5Vv7NvcdHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y5Vv7NvcdHY[/video]

I have a couple comments:

1. That is a lot of cam for your combination
2. The 66 wheel should make more peak power, but maybe not under the curve in you combination

I think you could save yourself some money and run the 6262 JB.
Once you start turning it up you will get excessive slip.
At some point you should consider a PTC 9.5 Converter.

I run the 6262 CEA journal with an AC 16930 NL...which is a 3000 stall. The turbo spools like a mad whore when you mash your foot to the floor with Erics 5.7 alky chip. The car drives like a stocker...and I'm very happy with it. I ran an 11.5 at 121 mph with a 1.83 short time at 20 PSI. 02's were 736 and convertor slippage was 12.3 percent.

Your running the journal version not the dual ball bearing correct? How are you controlling boost? Stock actuator?

I run the 6262 CEA journal with an AC 16930 NL...which is a 3000 stall. The turbo spools like a mad whore when you mash your foot to the floor with Erics 5.7 alky chip. The car drives like a stocker...and I'm very happy with it. I ran an 11.5 at 121 mph with a 1.83 short time at 20 PSI. 02's were 736 and convertor slippage was 12.3 percent.

Wow, with just some hook and a Scooby Snack you should be in the 10s.