Push Lock Vacuum Fittings

Has anybody blown the hoses off of the vacuum block? Mine are so tight they don't need zip ties. I zip tied all of the rest of the connections. Before the zip ties, I blew off the hose at the check valve going to the charcoal canister. Anybody else ever do this?

You don't need any zip ties with the Cotton's kit...

Claude. :wink:

If I remember correctly, around $150.00.

Truly worth it so you don't have to worry about those Gremlins anymore and it cleans up the engine bay. Sometimes its a b**** to find a leak in those hard metal lines when you have temp variations.

The GN will get one for sure :cool:

oh great claude, now everybodies gonna have these!!!!!!!! j/k they are pretty cool, after i saw it on your car @ jacks i had to have it too. your car is bad ass by the way... hope mine can be on that level too some day....(i got erics old car).....ttyl............joel

I have decided to go with push lock fittings coming out of the billet vacuum block. Could someone tell me the sizes for proper line size? The billet block I have now has 3 different size ports. I'm going to have to go with a different block but need proper line sizes. Running out of time to get this car back together before Bowling Green.:biggrin:
Fleet Pride sells the fittings and lines if you have one near you

I do it a different way myself for a more cleaner look and run the vaccum lines from behind the motor.

I bought a 6port vacuum block and drilled and tapped my intake for a 3/8 line under the coil pack then put the vacuum block under the coil pack. I bought my fittings on line from a link someone posted here one time before.

I do it a different way myself for a more cleaner look and run the vaccum lines from behind the motor.

we do that occasionally on some of the cars here. good idea for the people that have those big plenum spacers and complain about the vac block hitting the hood liner..

Gerry I looking at that type of setup for my next motor. Tapping the intake in the back and running a 3/8 line into a vacuum block under the coil bracket. Is the single 3/8 line to the vacuum block then out of the vacuum block with 1/8 fittings going to supply everything with enough vacuum?:confused:

I would think you can pull more vacuum this that way then the stock block. If I ever get my car back on the road I’ll let you know how much vacuum I’m pulling. Mustangs come that way for the factory if ford can do it any one can. You could always tap a hole for the PCV on its own then use the block for just the other stuff. The block I’m using has 2 3/8 ports one I’m using for the connection to the intake the other is going to a catch can for the PVC.

dont do a single 3/8 to all your vac , the pcv is a leak , the hvac is a draw , if you have vac brakes the brakes are a draw , all these can affect the true vacuum reading to important sensors like the map for alky or if you're runing speed density . fpr and other sensing devices like a hobbs for second pump, boost gauge etc

if you have vac brakes run them off a dedicated port , preferably a 3/8 ID source , i ran a 3/8 npt x -6 fitting and ran 6an braided hose to my vac booster and used a summit billet 6an check valve at the booster

same for the pcv , its a metered leak so anything tied to it wont read the true vacuum or be able to pull full vacuum
run it on its own port , an 1/8npt to 1/4" ID fitting should be fine

for maps hobbs , fuel regulator or boost gauge that dont move much air in their operation you can tie them together

hvac should also be seperated from others

i chose to just tap into the plenum and block off the stock location at top of throttle body
brakes are much improved over the billet vac block setup and with pushlock im not worried about important supply lines popping off

Attachments

• PICT0078.JPG
    PICT0078.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 238
Nice. Do you have any more pics in detail I could use as a reverence for when I do mine. Thanks

pacecarta said:
dont do a single 3/8 to all your vac , the pcv is a leak , the hvac is a draw , if you have vac brakes the brakes are a draw , all these can affect the true vacuum reading to important sensors like the map for alky or if you're runing speed density . fpr and other sensing devices like a hobbs for second pump, boost gauge etc

if you have vac brakes run them off a dedicated port , preferably a 3/8 ID source , i ran a 3/8 npt x -6 fitting and ran 6an braided hose to my vac booster and used a summit billet 6an check valve at the booster

same for the pcv , its a metered leak so anything tied to it wont read the true vacuum or be able to pull full vacuum
run it on its own port , an 1/8npt to 1/4" ID fitting should be fine

for maps hobbs , fuel regulator or boost gauge that dont move much air in their operation you can tie them together

hvac should also be seperated from others

i chose to just tap into the plenum and block off the stock location at top of throttle body
brakes are much improved over the billet vac block setup and with pushlock im not worried about important supply lines popping off

Can we get some close up pictures to all your sensors and vacuum locations? That would be awesome thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

The black tubing is going to be 1/8 or 1/4. Typically the threads are going to be 1/8 npt.

I would suggest you use compression fittings, like the ones on the back of your boost gauge. That way the hose cannot "pop off".. example fuel pressure regulator.

On mine I had drilled out my fuel pressure reg to 1/16 npt, then used a 1/16 npt to -3 male adapter. Then ran -3 braided hose from the FPR to the block. This using SS braided hose. Fittings where nickel from XRP. I used a spacer from Champion and drilled the fittings into it.

3bar MAP, I cut of the ridge on its nipple and installed a compression fitting. Then adapted it to -3 and ran braided hose to it. Cannot be popped off :)

Overkill.. maybe so. The wrong hose pop's off at the end of a pass.. it ruins your day.. and the car can be done for a long time. Look at the brake booster connection.. that fitting is available at Summit.

Many ways this can be done. HTH

Razor,

Looking through this thread and was wanting to know if you wouldnt mind giving me some detail pictures from different angle and up close. I am wanting to do push locks, but want to see how yours looks for my own. I would really appreciate it!!

Clinton