You can type here any text you want

put a Corvette part on my car..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

novaderrik

and saved 8.8 pounds off the nose. it also really opened things up down there. it was about a 15 minute swap, if you don't consider the time i spent with carb cleaner and a rag cleaning up the wires and wiping oil off things. stock wires hooked up, and stock bolts held it together.
here's a crappy pic of the old and new starters on the bench. i need a better cell phone..
2450339500033772906S425x425Q85.jpg

vette one is different.. BUT will not work with TA headers . others are longer

Attachments

• Mini 95a.JPG
    Mini 95a.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 348
Supposedly "the" one to get is the 1996 LT4 starter from the GrandSport corvettes...

The LT1 starter is different... but not sure how much... or if it is worth it....to go with the LT4....

I bought the LT4 starter from AutoZone for around $150 online...no core...stock bolts worked fine too.

yeah- 96 LT4 Vette.
i've actually had it sitting around for 4.5 years since i traded my Nova away, and finally got bored enough to put it on.
i paid almost $300 for it back in 2000- brand new grm GM.
but a friend just got the same starter remanned for around $150 from a national parts store. sorry- i don't know which one.

Supposedly "the" one to get is the 1996 LT4 starter from the GrandSport corvettes...

The LT1 starter is different... but not sure how much... or if it is worth it....to go with the LT4....

I bought the LT4 starter from AutoZone for around $150 online...no core...stock bolts worked fine too.

LT1/LT4 Corvette starters are the same for all years. THEY are different from the LT1 starter used on the B and F-Bodies. No weight difference between the Corvette and the Impala/Camaro starter so I'd go with the least expensive one. Which for me means the $19.99 special down at my favorite Boneyard. Another advantage of the cheaper starter that I have found is that they are easier to rebuild. I can take 2 or 3 cores and scavenge the parts to make a good one. I found that out the hard way the last time I popped a head gasket. You know these things, or should I say the drive gears are made out of margarine. One cylinder full of water busted it into a million pieces. I'd have been pissed if that was a high buck Corvette part in there.:mad:

Back