You can type here any text you want

Pypes 2.5" test pipe question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

What would be the proper size clamp to use on the Pypes test pipe where it attaches to the engine down pipe where the CAT used to be? Its greater than 2.5 (more like 2.66) when I measured.

We never use a clamp there.

Only thing worse is when some idiot welds it on the DP?

On my car with the old replacement system the old test pipe is clamped (old style U clamp) on over the vehicle down pipe. As I am replacing the complete system with PYPES, I bought their SS test pipe to keep thing the same. Before putting the new system on I noticed I was leaking at the test pipe end and after tightening the clamp it stopped. I am concerned the down pipe now has an indent where the clamp was which is why I want to use the proper size to seal things up right..

I have seen the 3 inch wide stainless band clamp used there and it is easily removed with no deforming of the pipes. Just find the right diameter range.

What would be the proper size clamp to use on the Pypes test pipe where it attaches to the engine down pipe where the CAT used to be? Its greater than 2.5 (more like 2.66) when I measured.
A 2.5 inch stainless band clamp will stretch to your 2.66 size & won't distort your test or down pipe.

X 2 on the stainless steel band clamps....never use the guillotine style clamps unless you want to fight with the removal process.

Thanks for the info. As stated I already have the older style clamp on the on the older test pipe. Hopefully it comes off easy and the down pipe has not been dinged too bad.

Back