Pypes STAINLESS Exhaust System..

The hardest part on the install just using jackstands was getting the tail-pipes over the rear-end.
One side I got on easy but I had trouble with the other one.
Also, start from the rear and go forward.
I found the instructions in the hat after I had started from the front.

Anyone got pics of the clamping/bolting points for the pypesperformance system? I want to utilize as many factory locations as possible.

Hijacked!

Let's try this again. Anyone have pics of the mount points for the pypesexhaust system? The company does not have pics of a GN install on their site.

ive had mine for 1 week plan to install it tomorrow or the next day. i went with the ss no tips it was 370 shipped from pa to nj :) summit was on back order but i was able to have them drop ship if from pypes to my house.

The collector is oval 2 3/8" x 3 3/8" ID. The pipes are 2 1/2" OD.

Pretty please anyone got pics of the mount points?

Use the stock cat hanger at the 4 bolt flange, the rear hangers come welded to the tail pipes and mount to the rear frame using a hole you must drill. Stock rear hangers are not used. I made a steel L-bracket for the rear of each of the mufflers, securing it to the frame crossover in front of the rear axle to help support the middle of the system. I used stainless band clamps for all pipe connections.

HTH - Jimmy

Did you tap the holes you drilled in the frame near the rear wheels and if so was it 3/8-16 or 3/8-24 or metric?

Did you drill for the middle section mounts or use existing holes?

Did you tap the holes you drilled in the frame near the rear wheels and if so was it 3/8-16 or 3/8-24 or metric?

Did you drill for the middle section mounts or use existing holes?

I used 7/16" drilled holes and 3/8" stainless nuts, bolts & washers (there is an access hole in each frame to tighten the nuts).

For the middle section I used existing holes in the frame crossmember with nuts & bolts.

- Jimmy

got mine in sounds great. very happy overall for the price. the pass side over the axle is a little tight. and the holes are very large for the screws and washers they give you. i got it in but i will prob weld a bolt on and use a bolt with large washer and nut. i got the ss with race mufflers and it sounds much better then the 3" single atr system i had on. ill see if i can get some video uploaded over the weekend i had my powering steering pump break first run out with it so i need to fix that before i get it running again.

got mine in sounds great. very happy overall for the price. the pass side over the axle is a little tight. and the holes are very large for the screws and washers they give you. i got it in but i will prob weld a bolt on and use a bolt with large washer and nut. i got the ss with race mufflers and it sounds much better then the 3" single atr system i had on. ill see if i can get some video uploaded over the weekend i had my powering steering pump break first run out with it so i need to fix that before i get it running again.
k...im very interested to see whether it drones or not

Just finished installing my system and its a little quieter than i would like but it sounds good. Really easy to install the only problem i had was the bolts they supply for the tips were to short and i had to buy some about an 1/2 in longer but other than that everything went together well. I would record a sound clip but I have no idea how to do it or what you do it with.

Life time guaranty

Thanks for the info on the Pypes system.The life time guaranty stated here on the product reminded me of a funny story.I went into a parts store to buy some brake pads, They were advertised to have a life time guaranty.I tried to bait the counterman with some of my classic sarcasm by asking him to explain as to how anything can be guaranteed for life especially brake pads so I could amuse myself with him a bit. His answer was.That if they should fail before I die he would kill me for free. So anytime I hear of life time anything I think of him with a chuckle.

Thats a funny story.

As far as posting, use a digital camera of some sorts and post it on youtube. Or I'm sure you can e-mail it to someone here and they can post it for us.

Thanks

My install of the pypes system. Haven't had the Race Pro mufflers welded in yet. Turns out you can see right through the Race Pro mufflers. All in all, the system fits decent. I haven't figured out why the pipes come so close to the rear axle (1/4"-3/8").

As far as exhaust noise and tone: sounds great at idle, not too quiet, not too loud. Cruising it's pretty quiet, no drone at all. WOT and the exhaust sound pretty much disappears. All you hear is a fluttering fffffftttt like sound.

I emailed pypes for install help- nothing back. I looked on their site for a GN install-nothing. I signed up for their exhaust forum-no admin approval in 3 weeks and counting.

If you are in the market for an inexpensive system this is it. If you are into fit and finish look elsewhere.

Attachments

• pypes_1.jpg
    pypes_1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 849
  • pypes_2.jpg
    pypes_2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 827
  • pypes_3.jpg
    pypes_3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 831