Pypes STAINLESS Exhaust System..

Mine showed up about a week ago. I am waiting on a new motor and a downpipe and I will post results. The systems looks really well made and well worth the money...

Installed mine 2 days ago,quiet at idle but slighty raspy at throttle.Sounds Very good!better than that old school slowmaster that was rotting underneath him!!Now gotta straighten out the frigin' MAF:mad: to see the whole picture...

Cool, which muffler option did you decide to go with? Street or Race.
Any chance you could get a sound clip on this site or youtube?

Got my PYPES today....pictures for those interested

$308.00 SHIPPED:biggrin:

CIMG3387.jpg

CIMG3386.jpg

CIMG3388.jpg

CIMG3385.jpg

CIMG3391.jpg

Yea I'm interested. Slap that puppy on and lets hear it! Pics look good too. I think for $305 you are getting the better end of the deal. If it sounds good, I'll get mine Monday.

Thanks for not letting this post die. Keep us updated.

Joe

How about resonance ? I have a drone at 45 to 55 mph that drives my wife nuts... Looks good !!

Hey my car had the rear cat flange removed. The ( shell ) is there but the pipe was welded to it ? I wonder if I could some how make this work or would I have to get a new Cat as well ? The pipes split with a y looking piece to 2.5 pipes and magnaflow straight through mufflers sounds good at idle and wot ...just as a drone. Will the pypes be better ?

I just put mine in tonight. Looks and sounds great. We installed Pypes polished stainless tips on it too.

Yea I'm interested. Slap that puppy on and lets hear it! Pics look good too. I think for $305 you are getting the better end of the deal. If it sounds good, I'll get mine Monday.

Thanks for not letting this post die. Keep us updated.

Joe

Should have everything installed next weekend so I'll take some video as well. I agree, just cant beat the deal for what you get:smile:

I used to work in a rifle barrel manufacture and found info on 409 ss....its not to bad.I would of grabbed this exhaust to but had already ordered the hooker catback...but sold the mufflers and put 2 dynamax race bullets on..this is a good deal.

YouTube - 87 GN with Dynamax Race Bullet exhaust

Corrosion Resistance

Grade 409 resists atmospheric and exhaust gas corrosion. A light surface rust will form in most atmospheres; this rust retards further corrosion but makes the surface undesirable for decorative applications. The corrosion resistance is about the same as that of 3CR12 and the 12% chromium martensitic grades such as 410, and inferior to the 17% chromium grade 430.
Heat Resistance

Generally 409 is classified as resistant to scaling in intermittent service up to 815°C and up to 675°C in continuous service, but these temperatures are dependent upon the exact service environment.
Heat Treatment

Annealing - heat to 790-900°C and air cool. This grade cannot be hardened by thermal treatment.
Welding

Readily welded but a pre-heat of 150-260°C is recommended. Grade 409 or Grade 430 electrode or filler rods can be used, but AS 1554.6 pre-qualifies welding of 409 with Grade 309 rods or electrodes. These austenitic fillers result in a more ductile weld.

Post-weld annealing at 760-815°C improves weld ductility.

Post-weld annealing is not required when welding thin sections. Automotive exhaust tubing is typically welded without filler metal (autogenously).

All welding must be carried out with minimum heat input to reduce grain growth effects.
Applications

Typical applications include:

· Automotive exhaust systems

· Catalytic converters

· Mufflers

Here are the pics. Part numbers are: PYE-EVT49 for the tips, and PYE-SGG50R for the exhaust.

Attachments

• pypes1.jpg
    pypes1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 899
  • pypes2.jpg
    pypes2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 883
  • pypes3.jpg
    pypes3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 887
  • pypes4.jpg
    pypes4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 897
Some pics of the muffler and exhaust on the front lawn.

Attachments

• pypes5.jpg
    pypes5.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 864
  • pypes6.jpg
    pypes6.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 858
Here are the pics. Part numbers are: PYE-EVT49 for the tips, and PYE-SGG50R for the exhaust.

Nice! I'll be ordering some of those tips soon and thanks for the pictures.

Did a little polishing on the mufflers today....

BEFORE
CIMG3396.jpg

AFTER
CIMG3398.jpg

Some pics of the muffler and exhaust on the front lawn.

In the second (right) picture...the "Y" pipe coming out of the catalytic converter is coming from the left side of the car...:confused: :rolleyes: Maybe it's just the picture that's reversed or the system was put together wrong...:D

Claude :wink: