You can type here any text you want

QA1 Front coilover set up Street not drag

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mad_Trbo

I put a set of QA1 coilovers on the front of the T-Type over a year ago. The car hasn't had much street time due to efforts to bring it back. Now that I am on the road, I am noticing how bad the car rides.

My first question is what is the stock ride height, when I measure from the ground up to the center of the wheel well way. I currently get 27inches, this provides for an even profile from front to back.

I look at the overall stance of the car and it really doesn't seemm low to me, but it can't take a bump for crap.

Attached are photo's, you can see there is very little room left in the springs for compression. I am wondering if I got the wrong deal upon original purchase, or am I just going to have to raise the car up and have it look crazy in my eyes. Attached are photos of the coils. FYI the coil set up I purchased was for the small block.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Attachments

• QA1 Passenger Coild.jpg
    QA1 Passenger Coild.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_4214.jpg
    IMG_4214.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 189
  • QA1 Driver Coil.jpg
    QA1 Driver Coil.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 196
  • QA1 Driver Coil#2.jpg
    QA1 Driver Coil#2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 221
i was told to buy the bigblock setup. can u post pics of the lowere mounting area. it seems qa1 has two types for the g=body. one has a mounting ring to reinforce the area but has a lower quality shock. the better shock, only mounts to two shock bolt holes in the lower a arm. i was wondering if that area will be stong enough to support the weight of the car in street driving.

let me know ur opinions

surej

DR BOOST said:
i was told to buy the bigblock setup. can u post pics of the lowere mounting area. it seems qa1 has two types for the g=body. one has a mounting ring to reinforce the area but has a lower quality shock. the better shock, only mounts to two shock bolt holes in the lower a arm. i was wondering if that area will be stong enough to support the weight of the car in street driving.

let me know ur opinions

surej

I'll get back to you with pics of the lower mounting area by tormorrow.

I called QA1 direct and spoke to them about the set up and I was told there is another spring that will work better. They claim the rating on the spring for the small block is to light. I scratched my head and asked why do you sell it for the turbo regal then??? The phone went silent.

Gotta love it all.

Back