You can type here any text you want

Qualified Engine Builders in South Michigan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

Does anyone know of good turbo v6 engine builder/machine shop here in SE Michigan.
~Thanks,
Charles

Bruce over at Aggressive can build your motor. He must have good machine shops close to him that he uses. I know he was doing 4-5 motor builds this winter.

Bruce over at Aggressive can build your motor. He must have good machine shops close to him that he uses. I know he was doing 4-5 motor builds this winter.
I know Bruce is qualified. He is very busy though. The good thing is that I had my car out yesterday, I usually never take it out in winter if there is a hint of salt on the road, or the roads are wet and as it turns out my engine seems to be okay for the moment. My engine was driven with 0 oil pressure and I am sure it is a matter of time before the bearings are shot. I also wiped a cam lobe because of this and Bruce, in a effort to save me from a rebuild replaced the cam. After he replaced the cam, the car drove fine. Broke tires loose at 45 and ran great. Then a vacuum line came off and the car started running like crap even after I put the line back on. It seemed like at idle, the IAC was really out of range. So tried to reset it several times and it didn't appear to do anything. Well, it just so happened that I was looking down the passenger's side of the engine and I seen a spark. I had a plug wire off. In order to get it back on I took the other two plugs off and didn't pay enough attention and switched the two plug wires. Then the car really ran like crap. So I looked again and figured out I had the wires swapped. I swapped them correctly and the car started up fine. I did have to reset the IAC and the car drove okay. Now my sending unit for the fuel gauge is not working and I was driving and I ran out of gas. So I put some 93 in it and the car ran a lot better than before. It was like I had bad gasoline in my car. So my car is running smooth. Given that metal went through my engine oiling system and I want to run 10s with my car, I will need to build an engine to handle the power and this gives me more time to do it. I can still enjoy my car this summer, I have a block to start building, acquiring the correct turbo and converter and it will be already to go in 2014, if all goes well. So my circumstances have changed and I know Bruce fairly well, so I will be talking to him tomorrow.

One thing to consider about the metal going through the oil is where all your oil goes. Through the turbo, through the oil cooler lines into the oil cooler in the radiator. You really should replace those items and send your turbo in. If you just swap a new motor in, it will soon be contaminated from those things and likely give you problems down the road again.

One thing to consider about the metal going through the oil is where all your oil goes. Through the turbo, through the oil cooler lines into the oil cooler in the radiator. You really should replace those items and send your turbo in. If you just swap a new motor in, it will soon be contaminated from those things and likely give you problems down the road again.
That is a very good point. Certainly something I didn't think about. FWIW it is worth, I have magnets on my oil filter and my oil pan. When I change my oil now a days, I pull oil pan. In an attempt to clean out any magnetic material. I will take no chances with a rebuild. Because once I rebuild it, that is it. The motor gets FUBAR, the car gets parted out.

That is a very good point. Certainly something I didn't think about. FWIW it is worth, I have magnets on my oil filter and my oil pan. When I change my oil now a days, I pull oil pan. In an attempt to clean out any magnetic material. I will take no chances with a rebuild. Because once I rebuild it, that is it. The motor gets FUBAR, the car gets parted out.

I was kinda waiting for you to call me........Give me a call. I'm sure I can build an engine for you that will meet your needs and your budget. I will run the engine and break it in before it goes in your car. Not too many around here that can or will do that!!

I was kinda waiting for you to call me........Give me a call. I'm sure I can build an engine for you that will meet your needs and your budget. I will run the engine and break it in before it goes in your car. Not too many around here that can or will do that!!
Dave,

I'm sorry, I just read your original PM to me and did say to call you if I wanted to talk. I will call you tomorrow. Also, the biggest selling point is that you will break in the engine before it goes into my car. That is awesome. Like I said you are a great guy.

Back