You can type here any text you want

Que for Bob

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Junior Samples

Walk Away
Bob,

IM getting ready to move out of State, and I'll be driving the Buhog down to Fl so question is.

The lean cruise setting on the extender chip? Ive read a couple of things on the setting but my memory is vague.

Id like to try one for the ride down plus my 4inch with built in maf and translator with the TT chip seems to keep me on the rich side, BL is only around 122, still pulling fuel and I just dont seem to get great mileage so IM thinking of the Extender option.

Thanks
Mike

think i got the lowdown on what it entails,... unplug the maf, openloop, locks C, and ecm keeps stoich at 14.7:1? or 16?

GO WINGS!

you don't need to unplug anything. Just set parameter 12 to 2

here is a quote from the chip manual:
Highway Lean Cruise: When enabled, the Lean Cruise option will alter the AirFuel ratio during steady highway driving to approximately 16.5:1 to improve fuel economy. To operate properly in this mode, the car needs to be tuned and running properly. Bad spark plugs, plug wires, or other maintenance issues can cause poor drivability during lean cruise. Lean cruise activates approximately 10 seconds after the Torque Converter lockup is enabled in 4th gear. During Lean Cruise, the O2 reading will drop to 20 – 60 millivolts, indicating an AirFuel ratio of about 16.5:1. Every 8 minutes Lean Cruise will turn off for 10 seconds to double check the block learns are correct.

Bob

Anyone know what the estimated highway mpg is when its enabled (for an average good running TR) ?

Back